Forum

Full Version: fstab corrupted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, guys i messed up and changed fstab incorrectly, after this my xbian is not booting - configuring network .... is there any way to fix this f.e. using another SD card and booting it somehow? After few tries i cant see it booting using USB->SDcard adapter...;/

EDIT:
Fixed editing fstab from Ubuntu live CD
RULE 1: make a backup of any system file edited.
RULE 2: Read rule 1.

Looking at all your posts - you need to have a GOOD backup plan. We will not help you forever with non Xbian related issues.
Sorry that i bothered you with so many "problems", I wanted to rush things a little and that's why i included my questions here, I'll not ask about stupid stuff since now;D (at least I'll try not toBig Grin)
(2nd Feb, 2014 03:48 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]RULE 1: make a backup of any system file edited.
RULE 2: Read rule 1.

Looking at all your posts - you need to have a GOOD backup plan. We will not help you forever with non Xbian related issues.

All issues on XBian are XBian related, it's not like they asked how to setup Ubuntu Tongue

Creating backups of files you edit is the best advice.
Yep, and i managed to fix it (if anyone else will have such a problem):
Download ubuntu live CD, start your PC using this and insert SD Card. edit files using sudo and youre good to goSmile
Good tip - thanks for that.

However, it shouldn't be necessary :-)
Pressing space during boot should put you into a rescue shell, ditto putting rescue in cmdline.txt.
(26th Jan, 2014 08:29 PM)koper89 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, guys i messed up and changed fstab incorrectly, after this my xbian is not booting - configuring network .... is there any way to fix this f.e. using another SD card and booting it somehow? After few tries i cant see it booting using USB->SDcard adapter...;/

EDIT:
Fixed editing fstab from Ubuntu live CD

I will test, but system SHOULD boot even with empty stab. of course /home will not get mounted and xbmc not started so you will have to wait for failsafe recovery (100seconds after boot and no XBMC up), but you should get a console.
The problem was that i put in filesystem format xbian instead of ext4
Reference URL's