Forum

Full Version: Problem after last update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

After last update (updated 26/01-2014) Xbian wont boot properly after a reboot.

It sends me to the recovery console screen stating that /dev/mmcblk0p2 can not be found.

Have anyone else dealed with this issue before, if so, can you help me get it to boot properly again ?

Thanks in advance

Michael
Unfortunately, this is a know problem.

See the end of Beta 2 Thread for help and suggestions.

To solve the problem will require a lot of debug information. Have you got a backup you could restore to?
(28th Jan, 2014 05:41 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, this is a know problem.

See the end of Beta 2 Thread for help and suggestions.

To solve the problem will require a lot of debug information. Have you got a backup you could restore to?

Thank you for your reply.

I unfortunately do not have any backup to restore from, so I guess I am going to need to reinstall it, and remember to make some backups in the future Smile

I am currently waiting for a card reader to arrive, can you tell if it is possible to gain access to the files on the memory card from another PC?
You should be able to read the /boot filesystem from any computer as it is FAT32.

If it is accessible, then can you post the files config.txt and cmdline.txt
(29th Jan, 2014 06:26 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to read the /boot filesystem from any computer as it is FAT32.

If it is accessible, then can you post the files config.txt and cmdline.txt

I just got my card reader now, luckily I am able to access root folder on the sdcard, so I can backup the most important files, except for the xbmc database (which I can not find manually)

If you can tell me where I can find that data I would greatly appreciate it! But now I am just going to make a fresh install, and remember to backup in the future Wink
if you use windows, you can't backup xbmc database, you don't have access to btrfs partition.
the files you have backup are not really important (for a backup), it just firmware and a bit more.
but if it didn't boot one of the two files Irridium asked could be corrupt. so maybe you don't have to reinstall all, if not too late.
(30th Jan, 2014 01:27 AM)belese Wrote: [ -> ]if you use windows, you can't backup xbmc database, you don't have access to btrfs partition.
the files you have backup are not really important (for a backup), it just firmware and a bit more.
but if it didn't boot one of the two files Irridium asked could be corrupt. so maybe you don't have to reinstall all, if not too late.

I am using Linux Mint Smile

The files I needed to backup was the encryption keys for my TOR router, would have been bad to loose them, but I could access the / directory, so no problem.

But everything works fine now Smile
I've noticed that on the latest upgrade a number of errors seem to occur - repeating the process did not work, so I edited /etc/apt/sources.list and uncommented staging.

Terminal
#apt-get clean
#apt-get update
#xbian-config

Run the same process for upgrade. It may reboot, repeat upgrade again. Eventually it did complete with no errors.

Not perfect but seems to work.
since Jan-6 in staging is just -cec and -transmissiond (since Jan-25)
Reference URL's