Forum

Full Version: xbian config - network interfaces - Include wlan1 option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking into an issue i have been having lately when trying to connect to WEP security Wifi. It seems that there is no way to do this from the xbian config gui and i have to go manually change it in xbian config from wpa to wep. This is a small issue but when setting up a device for a friend, its better that they dont have to ssh in to the machine and change network security to wep.

Is there any way to include another interface in the gui (i.e. wlan1) which is set up for wep wifi.

I have already attempted adding another interface in the etc/network/Interfaces config but i am not sure how to relay that up to the xbian config gui in xbmc as an interface selection. I assume there must be a config file somewhere to generate the interface selection.

i apologize if i am extremely uninformed on how the networking is set up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
It was writted to work for wep key (it should detect it auto), but long time i haven't test it, and didn't find my wifi key to test. could you activate debug mode in xbmc, try to connect, and post xbmc.log.

and if wlan0, wlan1,.. are present it should indeed be present in gui. there are a spin control with eth0 by default, there's no wlan0?
@IRFinky

available interfaces (interfaces to show) are always live updated from actual interfaces list found by kernel & modules. so once wlan1 will appear for system, it will be also listed in xbian-config. /etc/network/interfaces is configuration part, … but will not make device "visible" or be present in the system xbian-config.
Reference URL's