Forum

Full Version: [solved] pilight( to send) and lirc (to receive)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

first of all you can be shure I googled and searched all ressources I could find and also had a lot of support from the pilight forum and curlymo already but unfortunately I still run into problems.

The story in short:

I try to make my RasPi able to receive IR-Signals and on these should switch radio controlled plugs with pilight activated by these IR-Signals.

First attempts on Raspbian failed and I was advised by curlymo to use XBIAN because there was an lirc_rp1 module to use.

I intalled XBIAN and started with getting lirc to run and it worked as a charme ... received and identified my signals as needed.

Now, to get pilight running I installed it and switched it to module-mode by entering to settings.json

"hw-mode": "module",
"hw-socket": "/dev/lirc1"

and enabled lirc_rp1 in etc/modules

Now the RasPi freezes at start.
On ssh with putty I can enter the user and after entering password the putty session also freezes.

When connecting to my TV I see this:

XBian GNU/Linux 7 xbian tty1
xbian login: [ 22.173770] Unable to handle kernel request at virtual address bf00b0e8
[ 22.173936] pgd = d620c000
[ 22.173998] [bf00b0e8] *pgd=16e44811, *pte=00000000, *ppte=00000000
[ 22.174144] Internal error: 0ops: 7 [#1] ARM
[ 22.174225] Modules linked in: uinput zramĀ© frandomlirc_rpiĀ© lirc_dev
[ 22.174416] CPU: 0 PID: 912 Comm: pilight-daemon Tainted: G C 3.10.12 #61

and have no control via Keyboard.

(there's many more to follow, but because I have no way to copy I had to write it down by hand)

I could reach the machine by "WinSCP" and changed the settings.json back. After that the RasPi boots as usual.

Just to make sure all hardware is working I checked both either way and the IR-Receiver as single with lirc is working and the other way round when disablng lirc and running pilight as single my radio-controlled plugs react as they should.

Could please anyone bring me into the right direction to make my plan work?

Thank you in advance.

Haggi
Conclusion, somehow the lirc_rp1 kernel module is broken.
(2nd Feb, 2014 08:51 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Conclusion, somehow the lirc_rp1 kernel module is broken.

... and what can I do now?
Wait for mk01 to react.
Hi!

It seems pilight wasn't the right choice for my problem so I got up early this sunday morning and started from scratch.

I finally found a solution which is called rcswitch-pi.
So I went back to wheezy and everything is running now.

As this is not related to xbian anymore I think it is not adequate to post my how-to here.

So ... thank you for your support and good bye!
You could also have used the lirc_rpi module for lirc and the gpio hardware mode for pilight.
Reference URL's