Forum

Full Version: Compilation instructions for Beta 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone post the recipe used to create XBMC for Xbian 1.0 Beta2?

I have found this on the development wiki, but didn't know if it represents how Beta2 is built
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/wiki/Compiling-XBMC-&-Dependencies

In particular, the release note says it is based on 12.2 with a 13.0 backend.

Thanks!
As far as I know Beta 2 is based on XBMC 12.2 with certain features of Gotham included.

So you are asking for the compilation instructions to build Beta 2?
(9th Feb, 2014 02:58 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know Beta 2 is based on XBMC 12.2 with certain features of Gotham included.

So you are asking for the compilation instructions to build Beta 2?

Yes, up to date XBMC compilation instructions for beta 2 would be much appriciated Smile
(10th Feb, 2014 01:32 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]See Xbian Wiki

Yes, that was what I am using. However, these instructions use either:

1. Openelec frodo 12.2 branch
or
2. XBMC 13.0 branch

plus the xbian-patches for either version 12 or 13

Whereas Xbian beta 2 claims to be 12.2 with a 13.0 backend. That is what prompted the original question as to what exactly beta 2 is. Is it option 1, or perhaps some combination of the two?
by default beta 2 is XBMC Frodo. however you can install Gotham (alpha 13.0) manually. so it really depends on what type of system you are specifically running.
(10th Feb, 2014 04:26 AM)videostorm Wrote: [ -> ]1. Openelec frodo 12.2 branch
or
2. XBMC 13.0 branch

RPI XBian version Beta2 is Frodo based on OE branch (12.2 + backports). Gotham is upstream. For both additional patches apply - according xbmc-patches repo. The instructions are ok as I see shairplay in the list (part of AirPlay fixes from Dec'13).

For comprehensive user level documentation feel free to use even XBMC included docs/README.raspberrypi or docs/README.linux or docs/README.armel.

it all depends on what hw/sw you want to use for compilation or other preferences.

and buildroot https://github.com/huceke/buildroot-rbp
Reference URL's