Forum

Full Version: New Raspberry Pi firmware & XBMC Frodo RC3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Yeah Smile
I updated yesterday to alpha 4 and now using this method Smile I can confirm that the gray blocks are now gone when skipping vids Big Grin Woop! Smile

On a sidenote: it seems to me (as a enduser) that the project is going ahead at a good steady pase, is it maybe usefull to built a system that notifies of updates (maybe a cronjob that checks every x hours and sends a xbmc notification?) since for me it was a bit of coincidence that I saw on the frontpage that alpha 4 whas available Smile
We are working on those functions...
Nice one Smile
If there is need to do translations to Dutch I can help Smile I'm not much of a programmer (except SH scripts) but I'd like to give back Smile
Most of the crew is Dutch, so if you can speak other languages...
Lawl Tongue My French and German are really sucky Tongue Obviously English, but I guess most of the crew also speaks that Wink
Hey guys
I just tested this now. Installation went well, but the problem with choppy playback on old sd movies (Packed B frames issue) persists.
It plays choppy for about one minute, then stops.

Output of vcgencmd version:
xbian@xbian:~# vcgencmd version
Dec 27 2012 17:49:29
Copyright © 2012 Broadcom
version 359888 (release)

xbian@xbian:~# uname -r
3.6.11+

Any more logs /details I can provide?
I can't believe how fast you guys keep pushing out the new updates.
Thanks a million for the excellent work you guys do.
Cloning the git,can't wait to try it out.

Edit: So far it's working great.

The Xbian version still says 1.0 a4,is this normal?
(7th Jan, 2013 09:07 AM)Pihkal Wrote: [ -> ]The Xbian version still says 1.0 a4,is this normal?

Yep. XBian versions and XBMC versions are separate. XBian 1.0a4 is based on a December 13 RC1 build of XBMC.
Unfortunately, it breaks the MediaPortal Live TV Add-on:
"23:30:07 T:2967741504 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'MediaPortal PVR Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.6.0', add-on API version '1.5.0'"

1080p videos appear to be playing without buffering via nfs, though I've only previewed about 2 minutes of a movie.
I'm still on A3, should I upgrade to A4 before doing this? I noticed I have no /opt/xbian directory..
@doug I'm going to recompile the PVR Addons, will notify when they are ready.
@eth0, upgrading to a4 is recommended.
Worked a treat as always Big Grin

Thanks guys! Loving the lack of grey blocks when skipping!
Thanks Koenkk. I went A3 > A4 >A5 without any issues and everything appears fine in terms of skipping through movies.
Please notice that this isn't version Alpha 5 yet. Just a way for you guys to try our new features / updates.
Anybody know why the following command isn't working for me?

vcgencmd version
-bash: vcgencmd: command not found

?

Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's