Forum

Full Version: Problem when viewing video over SAMBA share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Software
XBian version: 1.0Beta2
XBMC version: 12.2
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Power supply rating:
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): model B
SD card size and make/type: 8GB
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): TV via HDMI CEC

Hi,

I have made a clean installation of Xbian Beta 2.0 (I had Beta 1.1 before) and I am having serious problem viewing videos over a SAMBA share. I can see the share over my Windows network (the files are on a hard disk connected to a LG media player) and start the video without problem. However after 4-5 minutes the video stops and I am returned to XBMC menu. I can continue the video from where it stopped but after 4-5 minutes the video stops again. It seems to be a problem with the SMB client (maybe a timeout?), I am attaching the xbmc.log file for your convenience (the problem starts on line #262). However I should notice that I had no problem with my network with XBian Beta 1.1 and my network configuration hasn't changed. Is there a link where I could download version Beta1.1?

Thanks in advance for your support,
George
I would certainly look at the LG player first. I have never had SMB problems when directly connected to a Windoze machine.

Image for Beta 1 is http://xbian.brantje.com/images/xbian-beta1.v3.img.7z
Hi Iridium, thanks for your reply. At this very moment I have removed my Raspberry from the network and everything works OK. For example, I am able to copy a file to my LG media player from my PC (something that I couldn't do when my Raspberry with the latest xbian was plugged on the LAN).

I will re-test with the Beta 1 image you provided and post the results.

Thank you very much for your support!
@gsova

put
Code:
preferred master = no

into /etc/samba/user.conf

or even better disable samba service on RPI completely via xbian-config.
Hello, thank you for your reply. It seems that it was a problem with the LG media player on which I have the hard disks connected. I did a reset on this device and after that I have no problem. Also, doing a re-installation of XBIAN on my RPI, I was able to correctly setup SAMBA and now I can also see the hard disks mounted on my RPI through other computers in my network. Thank you very much for your support!
you are welcome !
(24th Feb, 2014 04:18 AM)gsova Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Iridium, thanks for your reply. At this very moment I have removed my Raspberry from the network and everything works OK.

I have experienced this behavior many times as well.

Seems that 'something' happens and I can't see my NAS on the network from my laptop. Finding the offending pi and unplugging it and all is well again. Reboot offending pi and put back on the network and it's fine. Happens with all 3 pi's here, 2 running Xbian 1RC and one with wheezy. It's odd and happens purely at random it seems.

Skywatch.
(24th Mar, 2014 10:58 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]I have experienced this behavior many times as well.

@Sky

can you test as advised two posts back ?
Reference URL's