Forum

Full Version: XBMC not responding to CEC key presses while BBC iplayer running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
**UPDATE**
This problem seems to have just flat out disappeared. No clue.

I'm on RC1 and using BBC iplayerv2 2.5.4

Oddly, I start iplayer, make a selection and it begins streaming. Streams fine but XBMC won't respond to any remote key presses. I have to restart my Pi by disconnecting power to it. I'm using my TV remote via CEC.

Very peculiar. Anyone had trouble with this?

Just now, I noticed something. I tried using an XBMC remote app on my iphone to launch the player. The remote app was able to pause the player and start playback again but just then, my remote app disconnected from the Pi. Must just be something weird with iplayer.
You're using V2.

Do you get the same issue with the standard iplayer?
(17th Feb, 2014 03:11 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]You're using V2.

Do you get the same issue with the standard iplayer?

The problem went away but, there is another bug which I have reported with this version. Has to do with the "opening stream" dialog box refusing to disappear.

I never thought to try something other than v2. I just assumed that anything older was deprecated. due to the google code page "This project is no longer maintained. Please use xbmc-iplayerv2 instead! "

no?
I tend to use the one that WORKS - until I need additional features.

I don't use the iPlayer add-on much, I prefer to use get_iplayer instead.get_iplayer
(17th Feb, 2014 09:40 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to use the one that WORKS - until I need additional features.

I don't use the iPlayer add-on much, I prefer to use get_iplayer instead.get_iplayer

Thanks! I'll check out that addon for sure.
Reference URL's