Forum

Full Version: How to disable and then enable HDMI output
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an issue and I've tried a lot of solutions and as such I'm looking for a custom one.

I've set up my Raspberry Pi running XBian. The video is being displayed on my television but not the audio, however when I unplug the HDMI cable and then plug it back in a second later, the sound will work.

The unplug/plug back in of the HDMI cable has to be done at the start of every single video played within XBMC to get the sound working.

What I am wondering is that if it is at all possible to make this process automatic within the Pi, so that when a new video is played, the Pi detects this and runs a piece of code to automatically disable and then enable the HDMI connection, rather than having to do it manually each time?

Thank you in advance for any help received.
None of this should be necessary.

I would look at checking the HDMI cable - try a good new one - and the connection into the RPi (Does it move around). This sounds more like a H/W problem than a S/W issue.

(Also connecting/unconnecting any device whilst powered on is not a good idea.)

This will be a process of elimination -
1) Try the analogue audio out - does that work?
2) Wiggle the HDMI cable in the RPi and TV.

If all else fails, post the xbmc.log and output from dmesg as explained in "Please read before you post"
Reference URL's