Forum

Full Version: How to SMB into USB drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I have xbian RC4 on RPi and I can connect to my main pc and see the shared drives.

I can connect to the local drives succesfully, however, when I try to connect to a shared drive that is plugged into the pc's usb port, I get the error "Invalid Argument"

Videos>Add videos>Browse>SMB> select USB shared folder.

I can see the share but if I try to select it, I get the error.

Is this actually possible and if so, what am I doing wrong. Can it be added manually to the sources.xml file?

It's not too much of an issue, just curious if anyone has managed to get it to work.

ID
To xbmc it shouldn't matter whether the remote shared drive is connected via USB or internal, it doesn't notice it Wink
Since you said other shares are working SMB is functioning correctly Smile

Could you test the same share from an other (preferably linux) pc ?
I tried from a Ubuntu machine but couldn't connect to ANY shared drives. (Possibly something else)

So tried from my Mac and I could connect to the "Local" shared folders but not those on the USB drive. "Sorry the operation could not be completed because an unexpected error occurred (Error code -41). (Aka same as Raspberry)

I will have to investigate further, it could be something to do with W$doze permissions or ownership on a drive that has "moved" around - I have seen a few reports of the "Invalid Argument" but mainly on W7 not Xp.

Either way it is not Xbian that is the issue.

Thanks for the help.
Reference URL's