Forum

Full Version: XBMC dies when updating entities of large library (>100 entries)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

within xbmc I can browse my whole library which shows 250 entries (mkv files). However xbmc suddenly dies without any error after refreshing the scraped data of a single entry. For example, it crashes when I change the fan-art and go back to the list view.
It is only xbmc which is crashing. I can restart it via ssh using the initscript.

This only happens when browsing lists larger than 100 entries, smaller lists work flawlessly.

I am using Xbian 1.0 Alpha 4 on a 512MB raspberry unit with an 16GB Sandisk Ultra SD Card Class 10 and a 2000mAh charger. I already tried changing the SD Card and the charger but the problem persists. The media files are stored on a Qnap NAS which is accessed via xbmc NFS browser.

Is this a known problem? Any advice? I am running out of options :-)

Cheers,
mr.foo
When it crashes check the last lines of the "xbmc.log" under...
/home/xbian/.xbmc/temp

Perhaps some helpful information in there.
Will reproduce the crash later on and dump the requested log file via pastebin. Thanks!
Unbelievable Wink solved the problem...
There was one crappy .rar file in one subdirectory which caused the crashes. Removed it and all problems gone!

Thanks Smile
(8th Jan, 2013 06:37 AM)mr.foo Wrote: [ -> ]Unbelievable Wink solved the problem...
There was one crappy .rar file in one subdirectory which caused the crashes. Removed it and all problems gone!

Thanks Smile
That would seem to be a similar problem to one that I had. Instead of listing a rar file, I was playing it and at a random point, XBMC crashed.

Glad to see you got a solution. The dock workers in Hamburg can now stop wondering where that incredibly loud angst-ridden moan was coming from that they could hear over the top of their shipping horns Smile
Reference URL's