Forum

Full Version: HifiBerry Digi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Fairly new Xbian/Rpi user and currently extract my digital audio off the hdmi cable to an amp using a little external powered box. I'd like to get rid of the box, extra hdmi cable and power etc replacing it with a HiFiBerry Digi.

I'm running the XBMC Gotham build on xbian (afaik), can I make use of this little plug on board, will it be supported at some point etc?

BTW great distro Smile I had no end of crashing on Raspbmc before I found xbian Smile
I have no idea as I don't need this sort of set up as I use HDMI via the AVR which works well.

The best thing I can suggest is just to try it!! If it fails, come back and we'll try and see what issue there is.
It won't work now, as official xbmc doesn't support yet output audio via alsa.

If you want to try, you should test the popcornmix newclock3 branch :
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/tree/newclock3

you need to compil it, it's experimental, and i didn't test myself but it should support alsa output.
Ok thanks I'll wait till Gotham is more mainstream and has it by default for now I can use the powered box to split off sound Smile
hi guys

i have one of these and have had it working in raspbmc/openelec but so far for xbain it wont work as the modules (snd-soc-hifiberry-digi and also snd-soc-wm8804)aren't currently built into the kernel but i would experiment with gotham builds of xbian to try and get it to work if the kernel was to include thwm
Reference URL's