Forum

Full Version: Netgear wna3100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
HI,
I have a Netgear wna3100 and I was wondering if I can use with XBian 1.0 Alpha 4?
If yes how can i install it?
If NO what do you recommend?
Thank you in advance
Did you already try it?
No Sad. i wouldn't know where to start even if i wanted that why i asked if I can. I just have it sitting around.
Before i buy something more simple to install or something more of a plug and play . (if there's any)
I just bought this thing because i like to learn these things.
By trying i meant, did you already plug it in and run xbian-config to configure it?
No I didn't. The only reason I would like to have WLAN is my wife because to many cables running.
I like it wired is much smoother when i watch icefilms 720p movies.
Then do it...
all i keep getting "no wireless extensions"
When?
I don't know I am just googeling things and keep trying lots of stuff. At least i fixed ustvnow addon
I have respect for you CurlyMo thank you for putting up with me
I believe we aren't communicating very effectively. Maybe one of the other guys can help...
i have a similar dongle (wnda3100) and my pi doesnt detect it when running config over SSH

i also followed your directions from another thread & pulled down the lastest config...but now i dont even have a WLAN option, only the lan which it shows directly to the settings

any ideas as to why the pi isnt detecting this adapter

further more i just found this on a openelec site

Quote:etgear WNDA-3200 Atheros ath9k Y This is a Virgin branded version of the WNDA-3100. The card is a dual-mode device; it initially mounts as a CDROM that is "ejected" via a udev rule to switch the card into WLAN mode. Aside from this oddity the card performs well and is probably the cheapest dual-band 2.4/5GHz card you can buy - there is a plentiful supply for under £10 on eBay UK as Virgin (the UK ISP) bundle them free with the Netgear router they provide to ADSL subscribers. The WNDA-3100 sister product uses at least two different chipsets but all the WNDA-3200's I have encountered use the same Atheros chipset. 2012-03-15
?

ok a bit more digging. i have the V2 broadcom version & even my win 7 & 8 machine wouldnt install a driver for it. i had to go to Netgears site (http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDA3100V2/WNDA3100v2_V2.1.0.3.zip) and download it.

so now i have it working on my windows box. How do i move the drivers to my xbain distro & then install them?

if i suply them can you goes roll them up for me?

it looks like alot of linux distros have issues with this V2 model & the drivers need to be extraced onto windows & then moved & installed over...however i can only do that via a GUI & wouldnt know where to begin from a Bash
@eno423 you need a *.ko file, do you have that?
no but cant we use the ndiswrapper?

this really bums me out that there is not way for this driver to be incorporated.
If you provide us de driver we can include it Smile
no native linux driver only a windows. & apparently the ndiswrapper wont work on arm....

time to find a new wlan card Sad
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's