Forum

Full Version: New image for download page of xbian.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can update everything as of yesterday. However, I just not want to be doing all these tasks myself. That means that i'm willing to put a new installer online, but i'm not going to compile it. The same counts for a new image.

I can also give specific members of the community access to specific parts of XBian like the website, ftp so they can help contribute to XBian.

That's also the reason i put a wiki online that everyone with a forum account can edit.
I tried to use the XBIAN Installer 1.0 from the Homepage for putting the new XBIAN 2014.03.15 CuBox-i package on a new SD Card.

But when trying to install the image, the XBIAN Installer aborts with a C++ Runtime Error (using Windows 8.1). with the other Images (XBIAN 1.0 RC 2) it works perfectly...

The Image downloaded is 1,6GB vs. 320MB and 280MB - maybe the file is to large for the XBIAN Installer...

as a workaround: Win32DiskImager 0.9.5 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/) - writes also the large Image to the card..

CU
SIR106
btw: why is the Image that large?
Let us know if win32diskimager worked.
technically it worked - but the card won't boot in my raspbian (only one red light...) Undecided
(31st May, 2014 04:46 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Let us know if win32diskimager worked.
So you are trying to use a CuBox-i image on the Raspberry Pi? That is of course not going to work.

Also, Raspbian is an OS and the Raspberry Pi and CuBox-i are computers. So it didn't boot in your Raspberry Pi, not in Raspbian.
thanks - didn't know that CuBox-i is another computer... every day there's something to learn Wink

(31st May, 2014 05:37 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]So you are trying to use a CuBox-i image on the Raspberry Pi? That is of course not going to work.

Also, Raspbian is an OS and the Raspberry Pi and CuBox-i are computers. So it didn't boot in your Raspberry Pi, not in Raspbian.
I tried to install the RC2 image myself to the Raspberry PI. The XBIAN Installer just stopped working when it came to the writing bit and nothing more happened, so after 15 failed attempts I also tried the Win32DiskImager 0.9.5. And like above it technically worked, it wrote the image to the SD card. But it will not boot up in the Raspberry PI, it just donĀ“t start.
(I had the beta 1 installed before and it sort of worked OK if rebooted every now and then.)
ALL: Make sure you are using This Image - otherwise IT WILL NOT WORK.

If you are having problems, can you post also the config.txt and cmdline.txt from the SD card.
(1st Jun, 2014 02:10 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]ALL: Make sure you are using This Image - otherwise IT WILL NOT WORK.

If you are having problems, can you post also the config.txt and cmdline.txt from the SD card.

Clean image and first start take blinking cursor!

Code:
initramfs initramfs.gz  0x0a000000
gpu_mem_512=128
gpu_mem_256=100
initial_turbo=1
disable_splash=1
arm_freq=840
core_freq=275
sdram_freq=400
over_voltage=0

Code:
telnet zswap.enabled=1 zswap.compressor=lz4 sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0 dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=tty1 root=LABEL=xbian-copy rootflags=subvol=root/@,thread_pool=2,autodefrag,compress=lzo,commit=120 rootfstype=btrfs rootwait smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N elevator=cfq logo.nologo quiet noswap loglevel=0 mod_scsi.scan=sync partswap startevent=mountall splash nohdparm --startup-event mountall
I've just tried the installer on a RAspberry Pi from XP to a 4G SD card and it worked fine.

The Cubox-i image failed with a C++ runtime error but that's probably just my machine.
I've updated the CuBox-i images. The new one is a lot smaller so it should work fine. When i have enough confirmation that it works, i will remove the old one.
I cannot get the installer to work on any image on my W7 64bit. I put the installer in XP-mode, but that made no difference.
Using Win32DiskImager, I can install any of the images on my 4GB SD card without problem. The Beta1 (my old version) and Beta2 image boots up fine, but not the RC2 image. First I used the RC2 version from the homepage, then from the link above (it seems to be the same file). At bootup, I get only the prompt for a few seconds, then nothing more happens.
I clean the SD card between installations (one empty partition on the disc) to the Raspberry PI.
I already used the same image at various people and never had any issues.
@seebaa Make a copy of cmdline.txt and change root=LABEL=xbian-copy to root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 and reboot. See if that helps.
@CurlyMo I'll test the new Cubox-i image tomorrow and let you know.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's