Forum

Full Version: Official XBian 1.0 RC 2 Gotham (XBMC 13) thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(2nd Jul, 2014 05:20 AM)yami Wrote: [ -> ]that was not the solution. I got the same errors.
Maybe i had to install everything again on a formatted SDcard. Is there an actual Image for Raspberry and Xbian 1.0RC2 with Gotham 13.1?

your ldconfig was crashing on floating point exception . never seen that before.

here you have .img created yesterday while testing the auto-builds (you would be first to test I suppose). if you take the time to flash & test I will appreciate.

http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/others/xbian-image-rpi-20140630.img.xz
Hello mk01,

i tried your image but without success. Only Black screen and the red LED on Raspi is on, no booting.
I wrote the Image with Win32Discimager on my 8 gb SDcard and on a 2 GB SDcard and tried it in two different Raspi, same picture: no Booting, Black screen.

Yami

(2nd Jul, 2014 06:02 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2nd Jul, 2014 05:20 AM)yami Wrote: [ -> ]that was not the solution. I got the same errors.
Maybe i had to install everything again on a formatted SDcard. Is there an actual Image for Raspberry and Xbian 1.0RC2 with Gotham 13.1?

your ldconfig was crashing on floating point exception . never seen that before.

here you have .img created yesterday while testing the auto-builds (you would be first to test I suppose). if you take the time to flash & test I will appreciate.

http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/others/xbian-image-rpi-20140630.img.xz
@yami

thanks, will check /boot partition. inbetween, if you have still the SD, can you just replace /boot with any /boot from working card? maybe you find other (for sure there will be other bugs at the beginning) and will have list to fix longer to do in one shot.
@yami

it boots with commented initramfs. so img is ok, only initramfs's address is wrong. or initramfs already too big for old segment we used. have to sort this out
Hello mk01,

your new image doesn´t boot on my system, same as before.
I copied all files from my old sdcard boot partition on the sdcard with your image files and then my system boot, but i saw a long time starting xbmc on my TV screen and then an error message about script errors, starting xbmc again and again.

I will try to update from a new install of xbian 1.0 RC2 at this weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Yami
@yami

the other things you report are because initramfs is not started (in config.txt the initramfs is commented) and therefore partition is not resized and because it was made big just to fit the distribution needs - there no space on it for proper run of system.
(the errors you see are only tip of iceberg).

I will recheck if the link I posted was actually rebuild with the changes which fixed initramfs loading and will let you know.
Hello mk01,

everything is fine. This version started without any problems.
Many thanks for your help and work on this image.

Greets from Germany

We are now in the semifinal of the football world cup Smile

Yami
(4th Jul, 2014 11:06 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]@yami

http://ivka57.dyndns-ip.com/images/xbian-image-rpi-20140704.img.xz

Confirmed, a working "img" file right here. Boots fine on my v2 512 Pi - quick test.
After a recent update (within the last week) selecting Shutdown now drops back to the login screen (as if I had selected quit instead) and does not perform the shutdown sequence. If I log in and shutdown then the normal shutdown splashscreen appears and completes normally. I haven't started looking through logs for any clues yet but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks
@Badmonley Yes, same problem here, so it's an introduced bug.
thanks for checking ... at least it's not just me ... I'll carry on with the manual shutdown and wait for a fix
(8th Jul, 2014 11:17 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]@Badmonley Yes, same problem here, so it's an introduced bug.
Can you try commenting this line in your /etc/init/xbmc.conf? https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc-scripts/blob/master/content/etc/init/xbmc.conf#L69

So, the following line:
Code:
pre-stop script
    echo 0 > /run/lock/xbmc.quit; chmod 777 /run/lock/xbmc.quit

becomes:
Code:
pre-stop script
    #echo 0 > /run/lock/xbmc.quit; chmod 777 /run/lock/xbmc.quit

Also, can you please post your /home/xbian/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log before and after the change?

(Remember to uncomment that line again after this test.)
Just made the change and tried a reboot - same issue - quit to login prompt

Post change
After change
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's