Forum

Full Version: Not able to install Addons & Hub Wizard on Xbian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Since a few weeks I'm having a lot of problems with installing a blank version of Xbian on a new SD-Card.
I'm havind a stable version of Xbian running on my own Pi, but I want to install a new version of Xbian to another Raspberry Pi for a friend.

I tried installing Xbian 1.0 Beta 2 via the windows installer.
Everytime I want to install the Hub Wizard of XBMCHub.com or any other addon on this new installation of Xbian the Pi freezes or the Addon is simply not installed.

I already tried the following things:
- Formatting the SD-Card again and reinstalling Xbian on it
- Switching the SD-Card to another Raspberry PI
- Installing RaspBMC on the same SD Card and Raspberry Pi (runs fine and I can install Add-ons)

Any clue what I can do to fix this?
we do not do support for xbmchub or any other 3rd party extras.for help and support please ask on their community
Why not use the Xbian clone function on your stable version and use that image to flash to your friends SD card?
I've tried to clone my SD-Card, but the SD-Card with the stable version is 8GB in size and the one I'm using for the friend is only 4GB.
RC2 should create an image of the data not the whole card. So even though it came from a 8G card, it should only create an image file of about 2G. This can then be written to a 4G card and on first boot Xbian will resize it to the available size (4G in this case)
I have tried a lot of things again last night and i'm sorry but I gave up.
Last night I installed Xbian on a clean SD-Card and even on a new SD-Card but I keep on having all sorts of issues.

First installations I couldn't access the Xbian settings
Second and Third installation resulted in a Raspberry Pi that was freezing after a few minutes.
I also tried to install Xbian on a 8GB Card and I got errors with rewriting the Partition.

In the end I decided to install Raspbmc on the SD-Card and everything worked perfectly.
So I will just stick to Raspbmc for now.

Never the less thanks for your help on this topic!
Reference URL's