Forum

Full Version: Airplay is not working on XBIAN 1.0RC2 // XBMC 13.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How can I install version 1.0.5-2? When I try

Code:
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-shairplay=1.0.5-2

it gives me

Code:
E: Version '1.0.5-2' for 'xbian-package-shairplay' was not found

Thanks in advance!

------

Edit: I was using the staging sources and it wasn't there, back to stable and I could install it Blush
After installing 1.0.5-2, XBMC no longer reboot, but Airplay is not working with iOS 7 Sad
(24th Jun, 2014 10:52 AM)jiserra Wrote: [ -> ]After installing 1.0.5-2, XBMC no longer reboot, but Airplay is not working with iOS 7 Sad

anybody knows when AirPlay for iOS 7 Devices will be working with XBIAN?? some weeks ago i tried OpenELEC and Raspbmc - there it worked... so it should be also possible for XBIAN to get it working...
(27th Jun, 2014 07:56 AM)sir106 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24th Jun, 2014 10:52 AM)jiserra Wrote: [ -> ]After installing 1.0.5-2, XBMC no longer reboot, but Airplay is not working with iOS 7 Sad

anybody knows when AirPlay for iOS 7 Devices will be working with XBIAN?? some weeks ago i tried OpenELEC and Raspbmc - there it worked... so it should be also possible for XBIAN to get it working...

some weeks ago it was working with XBian and then official Gotham release broke it. then shairplay update was released - which is being delivered as 1.0.5-2 (Macs & IOS6 works without issues).

there is a report from 27.june that 1.0.2-1 works with IOS7 fine. test it.
Code:
sudo -i
apt-get install xbian-package-shairplay=1.0.2-1

if that old package works, we can re-use it as stable.
(2nd Jul, 2014 07:48 AM)mk01 Wrote: [ -> ]there is a report from 27.june that 1.0.2-1 works with IOS7 fine. test it.
Code:
sudo -i
apt-get install xbian-package-shairplay=1.0.2-1

if that old package works, we can re-use it as stable.

No luck, I downgraded to 1.0.2-1 and it still the same, it doesn't work with iOS 7, at least streaming music from Spotify. I remember it worked months ago, but it was with Frodo.
(22nd Jun, 2014 05:44 AM)wind-rider Wrote: [ -> ]1.0.5-2 works with iOS7, OSX 10.9, Synology DSM5 (AudioStation).

Guys, 1.0.5-2 works with iOS 7, see my post from some weeks ago... so it isn't impossible
Hi guys! I tried everything 1.0.5-2 and 1.0.2 and it works if I activate Airplay from iTunes but I get this error when I try to set Xbian as full audio output from my mac (10.9.4):

13:50:22 T:3038311472 ERROR: Init: Error creating demuxer
13:50:22 T:3038311472 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file pipe://6/
13:50:22 T:3038311472 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder

Any thoughts on this?

I'm downgrading back to Xbian Beta 2 which works fine.

Thanks in advance
1.0.5-2 also did not work for me. I downgraded to 1.0.2 and after a restart and some waiting it worked.

Fresh install of the latest xbian B+ image (20140725) with iOS 7.1.1
We need to check if http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176043&pid=1766743#pid1766743 fixes it and it also applies to Gotham. // cc @mk01
@menakite

I put the patch into patches xbmc will be in staging (13.2 B3)
I have so nearly got this right! I am trying to AirPlay my iTunes collection from my iMac to a Raspberry Pi, which is connected to my TV via HDMI.

I am using Xbian kodi 14 helix RC3 on a Raspberry Pi Model B which is connected to my home network wirelessly. After zero success and much searching on the Internet, I have made these changes to the Pi:

allowed Audio pass-through
allowed AirPlay
changed a line in dbus.conf file to be: start on local-filesystems

When the Pi is online I can see xbian as an option in Sound in System Preferences on the iMac. If I HDMI connect the Pi to a monitor that has built-in speakers then I can play anything from iTunes and hear it in the monitor's speakers. However, when I set up the Pi with my TV, although it appears to be playing the iTunes music (there is a timer showing progress of the music) I get no sound. When I power down the Pi, the sound resumes from the iMac speakers.

I will continue to "play" with the settings on the TV and/or Pi and re-post if I get anywhere. if this has resonance for any of you out there - do let us all know!
Ahah! Tried again this morning and it works. Can't explain why - I changed nothing since yesterday. A happy bunny!

Mike
@MikeyT

this must have been some glitch in XBMC-sound->TV more likely than in airplay itself. ...
my happy bunny trick then is "stop - wait 5s - play"
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's