Forum

Full Version: Issue Tracker on Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just thought it might be a god idea to have an issue tracker on the site or forum.

Somewhere where all the latest updates and upgrades are linked/mentioned as well as a listing of all reported issues people are having and workarounds or fixes for those.

It would be great to have a full reference in one place rather than having to spend ages trawling the threads for the needle in a haystack.

What do you think?

skywatch
Yes that's the sort of thing, but on THIS SITE.

Many new users are unlikely to know about that page. Wouldn't it be simpler to have it all on here, even if it's only a mirror of whats on that site? I think it would help newbies get up and running and lower the frustration levels for those upgrading.

At the very least there should be a prominent link on the xbian home page to that site.

Skywatch.
Why don't you start that mirror?
I think it's a good idea, thank you for your input Skywatch. Did you by the way see the bug section on the forum? Is that prominent enough or you mean really on the homepage?
(29th May, 2014 05:46 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you start that mirror?

Because I don't know how to!

(29th May, 2014 06:59 AM)NitSuA Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's a good idea, thank you for your input Skywatch. Did you by the way see the bug section on the forum? Is that prominent enough or you mean really on the homepage?

It's not just about bugs but user experience and the latest versions and how to install them. Then, what to expect and what people are reporting.

It would give people a single place for all their Xbian info. Latest versions, how to install/upgrade, what to expect, what issues people have reported and fixes, bugs, feature requests ......All in one place (like a super faq).

It would reduce the number of people asking the same thing because it's difficult and time consuming to search the forums for all things matching an issue to get to the info you really need.

It should be on the home page really (even if it's just a link to the forum page), then noobs could find it easily and it would be easier for mods to direct them there if the problem has already been discussed rather than having to search around for the thread that it was in and posting a link to that.

Skywatch,
@Skywatch, by requesting a wiki account or by just copying and pasting the issues posted on github and there solution given.
Another idea is just to start a new website / blog for XBian until the official one finally gets updated, and linking to this forum in the meantime.
Hi skywatch, do you know any example sites on the internet where this is shown the way you describe?
What about making a new FAQ page on the new wiki: http://wiki.xbian.org/new/
Everybody here can edit that page.
+1

Smile

skywatch.
The idea is that you users are going to do that yourselves.
most simple way would be just add link under the FAQ on wiki page.than you can simple link it to that github page and dont need to do anything.all users should start from FAQ when they hit trouble and than forum. if someone dont do the simple steps and dont follow basic principals of finding help than you cant help him it any way.
Reference URL's