Forum

Full Version: SSID sees network, but no password screen/option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK I'm not a techie so can't follow the heavy jargon, but I'm usually good at figuring this stuff out but have spent WAY too many hours starting with OS issues (XBIAN fail, RASPMC ok but no wifi, OPENELEC fail, XBIAN ok but no Wifi). Have previously completely set up an RaspPi/Xbian/Wifi but that was last year, and now a new router, and I only used the Wifi briefly then back to Ethernet.

NOW - Xbian running fine on Ethernet, Wifi sees my network but no password screen comes up after selecting the SSID. Settings are wlan0/DOWN/DHCP. Did actually successfully connect via the dos type screen but on a reboot jumped right into XBMC and no password option.

I'm at my wits end, as I have two Pi's to set up on Wifi and I'm pulling my hair out. Have been googling for the last 3 hours and no forum, youtube video, etc can I find a problem where the password screen doesn't pop up after selecting the SSID, it just reverts back to the Network screen as if I haven't done anything.

Thanks for your help, sorry about the long winded post. Cheers!
Can you please search the forum because this issue was already posted yesterday evening. We're looking at it.
(3rd Jun, 2014 05:50 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Can you please search the forum because this issue was already posted yesterday evening. We're looking at it.

Thank you, I did search forums for hours both last night and last week when I began working on this with Raspbmc. I didn't find anything similar to my problem, closest was this:
Go XBMC - Programs -> Xbian-config -> System -> Network
And I have followed every set of config instructions I have found, have changed IP addresses, gateway addresses, clicked and clicked on fields that can't be clicked on. I read posts that have a relevant title, I don't read each and every post but will try that now. However, if you say "we're looking at it" it appears that means there's a temporary glitch and I'm not doing anything wrong and I have to ride it out.
If you go to this page, you'll notice that your post is right above the exact same issue posted a little bit earlier:
http://forum.xbian.org/forum-25.html
(4th Jun, 2014 12:13 AM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]If you go to this page, you'll notice that your post is right above the exact same issue posted a little bit earlier:
http://forum.xbian.org/forum-25.html

Hi, if you mean the "RC2 Unable to Select SSID" thread, yes I have now read it and it's a match, thanks. When I looked at it last night I didn't think it was a match because I am able to view my network and select it, but then there is no password option, so I thought the title of the thread wasn't a match for my issue last night.

Thanks!! Cheers, Ren
Reference URL's