Forum

Full Version: Can't connect to internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Software
XBian version: Tried with both 1.0 RC2 and 1.0 Beta 2
XBMC version: Whatever came with the installer from http://www.xbian.org/download/
Overclock settings: Whatever's default, I haven't overclocked it

Hardware
Power supply rating: 1.2A
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): B 512mb
SD card size and make/type:2gb Not sure manufacturer/type, it came with a camera and just says Kodak.
Network (wireless or LAN): LAN
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): TV, keyboard, mouse, LAN

I installed Xbian using the installer on the http://www.xbian.org/getting-started/ page. It loads and seems to work just fine on my rasberry pi. However, I can't connect to my network through it.

The ethernet lights on the board light up when its plugged in, and I know the connection is fine as I'm using it right now (with my laptop) to write this post. Also all of the lights on the board are on solid.

As far as network details, the router is a Buffalo WZR-600DHP running DD-WRT, into a 24-port unmanaged switch, which is then wired through the house. Other than Xbian, I haven't had any problems with this setup.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
I would log in via ssh and run xbian-config (Network settings) and check that the settings are correct. I would think it may not have picked up the gateway correctly.

You can also see the settings in XBMC system info -> Network.

If that is all corrent can you post the output of dmesg via pastebin and also /etc/network/interfaces
(22nd Jun, 2014 10:57 PM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I would log in via ssh and run xbian-config (Network settings) and check that the settings are correct. I would think it may not have picked up the gateway correctly.

You can also see the settings in XBMC system info -> Network.

If that is all corrent can you post the output of dmesg via pastebin and also /etc/network/interfaces

Sorry if my first post was confusing. The problem isn't connecting to the internet itself, the problem is it isn't getting an address assigned through DHCP, hence I can't SSH into it either.

Anyways, I tried using OpenELEC and haven't had problems with it, and it does what I need, so I'll just stay with that. Thanks though.
Hello,

i have a problem with my Raspberry pi. I have used with no problems my Raspberry pi since I bought it. Everything was all right untill yesterday , when my mate changed the internet rooter.
The Wlan works good because i have connected my Smartphone and my Laptop but the problem is that in the settings of the Xbian, I cannot change the network connection options.
When I click in the system options, every one of them is lighted except the networks options and when I try to go in the interfece options jumps directly to the licenses.
Can anybody help me? Do you think is it a problem of the Rooter?
Thank you for your help.
@Emsifbo Have you tried the ssh version of xbian-config? It works a bit better than the XBMC version.
Reference URL's