Forum

Full Version: Update for Touchscreen patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

as you are using the eGalax touchscreen patch from Andrei Istodorescu I just want to announce that he has reworked and updated his patch...

You can find all files here: Click

And btw. He has build a great Touchscreen Calibration Plugin - no need anymore to edit .txt Files (Sometimes only minor modifications) you can see it here in action!

Do you have somewhere a guide how to compile XBIAN from git? Maybe I'll have a try and tell you whether it works or whether there have to be some modifications (I've applied them already successful to OpenElec)?

Regards,

ph87
(23rd Jun, 2014 06:20 AM)ph87 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

as you are using the eGalax touchscreen patch from Andrei Istodorescu I just want to announce that he has reworked and updated his patch...

You can find all files here: Click

And btw. He has build a great Touchscreen Calibration Plugin - no need anymore to edit .txt Files (Sometimes only minor modifications) you can see it here in action!

Do you have somewhere a guide how to compile XBIAN from git? Maybe I'll have a try and tell you whether it works or whether there have to be some modifications (I've applied them already successful to OpenElec)?

@ph87

https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/wiki/Building-XBian-packages
https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian-package-xbmc

so in your case you would be changing patches/rpi/eGalaxTouchscreen13.patch for new version. (just rename that old patch to have different extension, put new WITH .patch name extension).
((only files matching *.patch are applied automatically)))

by default it will build latest available Gotham branch. you can change that in build/rpi/config.
So I need some little help... I've got only little knowledge to compile such software by my own... I've only compiles OpenElec and they have full automated scripts (I only had to make install and nothing else...just little debugging patch errors)... So here I need some help! How do I build a chroot? And why do I need it?

Or maybe someone of the devs can compile it? I'lll have a look into the patches and will the dev has "only" to compile it...
@ph87

you don't have to compile chroot. chroot is part of GNU coreutils (or even busybox) and all linux distributions I know about are providing that in default installation (or for install from their repos).

so as it exactly in the howto, you have just to copy & paste the provided commands, nothing hidden / extra is needed.
What is my mistake?

Terminal
build@heptin-U30Jc:/media/myfiles/RPi/xbian/xbian$ cd xbian-prep-root; ./run.me --arch armhfwheezy
for buildroot preparation run again with root privileges /
build@heptin-U30Jc:/media/myfiles/RPi/xbian/xbian/xbian-prep-root$ ./run.me --arch armhfwheezy
for buildroot preparation run again with root privileges /
build@heptin-U30Jc:/media/myfiles/RPi/xbian/xbian/xbian-prep-root$ sudo ./run.me --arch armhfwheezy
/usr/sbin/debootstrap: 1280: /usr/sbin/debootstrap: cannot create /media/myfiles/RPi/xbian/xbian/build-root-dirs/armhfwheezy/test-dev-null: Permission denied
E: Cannot install into target '/media/myfiles/RPi/xbian/xbian/build-root-dirs/armhfwheezy' mounted with noexec or nodev
grep: /media/myfiles/RPi/xbian/xbian/build-root-dirs/armhfwheezy/debootstrap/debpaths: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
dpkg-deb: Fehler: Fehler beim Lesen von magische Archiv-Versionsnummer aus Datei /media/myfiles/RPi/xbian/xbian/build-root-dirs/armhfwheezy/: Ist ein Verzeichnis
F: Ausführung von »eatmydata« fehlgeschlagen: No such file or directory
build@heptin-U30Jc:/media/myfiles/RPi/xbian/xbian/xbian-prep-root$
It didn't found some pathes maybe I missed a step? Do I've to download the raspiab sources first - maybe this my issue?
@ph87

I had today almost the same issue while bootstrapping raspbian repository. So probably they were updating repositories and some checksums were not correct.

btw: buildroot process needs to be started with root privileges. so login as root first, run then when you your prompt shows # instead of $
Code:
cd xbian-prep-root
su
./run.me ......
Okay, next question (Yes I know I'm a stupid noob - but I want to learnAngel)
Okay, found out, that I had to set a env-Variable as root to $XBIANROOT but now next error...

Terminal
root@build-U30Jc:/media/myfiles/RPi/xbian/xbian-prep-root# $xbiangit --arch armhfwheezy --action build
--arch: Befehl nicht gefunden.
The error is: "Command not found"

How can I solve this error?

Btw. In your Wiki should it not be:
Code:
cd xbian-prep-root; $xbiangit --arch [platform] --action build
instead of:
Code:
cd ../xbian-prep-root; $xbiangit --arch [platform] --action build
as you are already in ./xbian and you can't go to "../"?
Where does $xbiangit pointing to? If I type echo $xbiangit there is nothing...Dodgy

Please help... have some time this week - else I don't know whether I'll have time this summer again!
(25th Jun, 2014 05:49 AM)ph87 Wrote: [ -> ]Btw. In your Wiki should it not be:
Code:
cd xbian-prep-root; $xbiangit --arch [platform] --action build
instead of:
Code:
cd ../xbian-prep-root; $xbiangit --arch [platform] --action build
as you are already in ./xbian and you can't go to "../"?

yes, of course. typo.

and - you are not stupid as you say - just there are bugs, this is completely new and changing (updating almost hourly).

can you please before you try. open the xbian folder, do a
Code:
git pull

? that all the new commits and updates will be downloaded to your setup. if still problem, when running $xbiangit do with --debug and send build.log from the actual directory.. I will check what is going on.
Reference URL's