Forum

Full Version: Turbo Mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Code:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/tag/overclocking

Does xbian support turbo overclocking?
Yes, can be set in xbian-config, when you log in through ssh.
Had to make sure I wouldn't break it.

Off-topic, would putting a passive copper heatsink on the Arm chip be a bad idea? I've been debating if it would be a good idea or not for the past few hours. That and possibly using the pins to power some tiny laptop fan.
I believe it makes no difference, other say it does... So it's up to you.
(10th Jan, 2013 07:18 AM)Kayot Wrote: [ -> ]Had to make sure I wouldn't break it.

Off-topic, would putting a passive copper heatsink on the Arm chip be a bad idea? I've been debating if it would be a good idea or not for the past few hours. That and possibly using the pins to power some tiny laptop fan.

I would advise backing up your SD card before trying turbo, it corrupted my partition every time I tried using turbo.
Yea, backup the SD card, turbo corrupts SD card
Turbo can corrupt SD cards, i'm running both RPi's i have here in Turbo Mode, and never had any troubles.
(10th Jan, 2013 08:38 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]Turbo can corrupt SD cards, i'm running both RPi's i have here in Turbo Mode, and never had any troubles.

Its a fairly cheap class 10 card I have, I think quality of the card and a bit of luck are in affect here. And I have heat sinks on and that obviously hasn't helped.

I will try again, when I pickup a better brand SD card.
Running turbo, boxed, no heatsink, temperature is good. The chip used in the Pi can handle very high temperature you will only reach when scanning a 2000 movies library, 12:00am in the Sahara ;-)
Reference URL's