Forum

Full Version: Can't play .m4a audio via Shairplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a number of audio Podcasts in .m4a format (ALAC?) which I can't play via Shairplay.

I'm using the latest build. Normal videos, pictures and mp3 audio are working fine with Shairplay. If I open the RSS feed to the m4a Podcast manually and play it via PAPlayer it also works, but not with the standard OMXPlayer. I already tried to edit the advancedsettings.xml and playercorefactory.xml but to no avail (RSS feed to the m4a file however is using the PAPlayer by default now).

I also picked up that the background in XBMC changes to black if I try to play m4a via shairplay as if it tries to start a video - this doesn't happen with mp3.

Below my changes to advancedsettings.xml:
<audio> <defaultplayer>paplayer</defaultplayer> </audio>

playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
<rules name="m4a">
<rule filetypes="m4a" player="PAPlayer" />
<rule mimetypes="audio/x-m4a|audio/mp4a-latm|audio/m4a" player="PAPlayer" />
<rule mimetypes="audio/pcm" player="PAPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

any suggestions what else I could try?
See XBMC
I updated today again to the very last available version (build 16th August). Everything around Airplay runs a bit smoother now and one of my .m4a podcasts started working.
But two other .m4a podcasts are still not working. All mp3 based ones are working fine.

Maybe if someone wants to test .m4a podcasts:
1. Bargrooves - working fine
2. Tiƫsto`s Club Life podcast - not working (on start background changes to grey, menu bar stays)
3. Afrojack - JACKED Radio (Official Podcast) - not working (on start screen switches to black as if it wants to start a movie)
Reference URL's