Forum

Full Version: XBMC stops MKV playback at stated times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, im new to this Forum but already seeking for help.

My problem is that a lot of mine MKV Files stop playing at stated points. It happens always at the same time of the movies, if i skip that point with forwarding the movie it continues playing (till a possibly next failure). I figured out if I play these movies on my Mac or BD-Player that at the same points are like 1/10 of picture failure like weird green color. But they continue playing after this very very short corruptions. i thought that ive got possibly a bad usb or hard drive that loses some bytes, but ive testet all of them completely with "h2testw" which didnt find any signs. It happens in around 50% of my movies and often repeadingly every few minutes. So my Pi is not really usable for watching movies in that condition. Does anyone of you guys know what the heck that can be? Im uploading the log file, the problem part should be:

03:27:28 T:2965464128 ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.audio_decode - OMX_ErrorStreamCorrupt, Bitstream corrupt
03:27:28 T:2789209152 ERROR: COMXAudio::Decode timeout
03:27:28 T:2789209152 ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
03:27:28 T:2789209152 DEBUG: COMXPlayerAudio - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_STREAMCHANGE
03:27:28 T:2789209152 ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::SetStateForComponent - OMX.broadcom.audio_decode failed with omx_err(0x80001000)
03:27:28 T:2789209152 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.

and in another movie:

04:03:26 T:2799158336 ERROR: OMXPlayerVideo: Got MSGQ_IS_ERROR(-1) Aborting
04:03:26 T:2799158336 NOTICE: thread end: video_thread

So it seems do differ.

Thanks for reading my shit guys! Im really excited if someone can provide me a solution. It would be great if it would be possible to keep the files playing as the missing ms is not really annoying and my PC and BD-Player can do it too.

PS: i just see its not possible to attach log files, please tell me if more parts of it r necessary and ill upload it otherwise
Sounds like the mkv files are corrupt. How were they encoded? Handbrake maybe?

Log files are posted via xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com.

Please post the output of xbmc.log and dmesg after the playback error.

Also, if possible, and legal, post a snippet of the offending mkv file that contains the error.
This anyways is a XBMC issue, better to report it on forum.xbmc.org - there's a specific section for the Raspberry Pi if you can't replicate it on other platforms. They'll probably ask for a sample.
Oh yeah, it really seems like the files are corrupted. ive just generated a new mkv in which i knew the exact settings used. the new file is just working fine. However the size of the file is EXACTLY the same, very strange. must got broken somehow while transferring it to another hdd despite the hdds dont show any failure in h2wtest. Btw. MKV repair files didnt help. So the only option would be to change some hidden settings in xbmc to continue playback after these errors. What a pitty that i know nothing about programming :/
(22nd Aug, 2014 04:15 AM)ChildOfTheWW Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, it really seems like the files are corrupted. ive just generated a new mkv in which i knew the exact settings used. the new file is just working fine. However the size of the file is EXACTLY the same, very strange. must got broken somehow while transferring it to another hdd despite the hdds dont show any failure in h2wtest. Btw. MKV repair files didnt help. So the only option would be to change some hidden settings in xbmc to continue playback after these errors. What a pitty that i know nothing about programming :/

sorry no offence here, but you have a faulty files and instead of "fixing" reencoding such files you want to change a "code" and remake XBMC/XBian?
Sounds a bit, odd to me Wink
(22nd Aug, 2014 07:08 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22nd Aug, 2014 04:15 AM)ChildOfTheWW Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, it really seems like the files are corrupted. ive just generated a new mkv in which i knew the exact settings used. the new file is just working fine. However the size of the file is EXACTLY the same, very strange. must got broken somehow while transferring it to another hdd despite the hdds dont show any failure in h2wtest. Btw. MKV repair files didnt help. So the only option would be to change some hidden settings in xbmc to continue playback after these errors. What a pitty that i know nothing about programming :/

sorry no offence here, but you have a faulty files and instead of "fixing" reencoding such files you want to change a "code" and remake XBMC/XBian?
Sounds a bit, odd to me Wink

haha youre right Wink its just that even my (shitty) samsung blu-ray player can pass this errors, so im sure xbmc could do it too after little modifications
Whether we can play MKV on XBMC or not, it mainly depends on the video/audio codec included in the MKV video. To put it in other words, XBMC can't play MKV smoothly if the codec not supported by the XBMC player. To solve this problem, simply follow this step by step guide to convert MKV to XBMC more compatible formats at http://www.idealshare.net/mkv-xbmc-solution.html
(31st Oct, 2014 06:08 PM)goodluckthree Wrote: [ -> ]Whether we can play MKV on XBMC or not, it mainly depends on the video/audio codec included in the MKV video. To put it in other words, XBMC can't play MKV smoothly if the codec not supported by the XBMC player. To solve this problem, simply follow this step by step guide to convert MKV to XBMC more compatible formats at http://www.idealshare.net/mkv-xbmc-solution.html

Thx for the answer. Ive found the problem some weeks ago. it was caused by BitDefender, it somehow destroyed some bits of generated mkvs. deleted that crap and have got no problems anymore with new mkvs.
Thanks for update. Next time when you get things sorted, it would be nice to post here so the others know you have a solution and what is it, and also would be nice to change prefix of the thread to Solved so its clearly visible. Thanks
(1st Nov, 2014 05:51 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for update. Next time when you get things sorted, it would be nice to post here so the others know you have a solution and what is it, and also would be nice to change prefix of the thread to Solved so its clearly visible. Thanks

Yes youre right, sorry! its just that im not very active in this forum and forgot about my post Wink
Reference URL's