Forum

Full Version: nfs root
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i've recently put everything on my nas: root mysql database...

but is there a way to bring back the splash screens instead of the boot info?[/align]
(1st Sep, 2014 11:15 PM)Kevin Verbeke Wrote: [ -> ]i've recently put everything on my nas: root mysql database...

but is there a way to bring back the splash screens instead of the boot info?[/align]

@Kevin

do you boot with or without use of initramfs ? if it doesn't matter +5-7s on boot time boot via it (put forceenable=yes into /etc/default/xbian-initramfs). durg initramfs, splash is started very much early from initramfs directly (it is stored there).

if booting without initramfs, you can get splash of course only after rootfs is mounted. until that moment "quiet" in cmdline.txt will provide black screen (so no splash, but at least no mess on screen). after rootfs mount /sbin/init load, tmpfs are mounted, then network. xbian-net.conf job is the first event and place during boot where splash is re-started(updated) after we have root. that is the moment what usually displays "configuring network".

if you don't mind custom edits, you can call splash from xbian-run.conf (so almost instantly with rootf s mount).

and if don't have splash at all after your mods, check if you have "splash" in cmdline.txt. if is missing, XBian never displays it.

BTW:

NFS setup of XBian (let's call it linuxbased mediastation install on NFS is there not thanks to XBian but also IN XBian) is very much ZERO maintenance LIFETIME install, not speaking about booting the same root for any number of RPIs in household.

+1 for that step.
Reference URL's