Forum

Full Version: RC2 not installing - flashing cursor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

From using xbian-installer.exe under Windows 8 to initially configure the 8GB SD card

1) I can install xbian Beta2 - but in use the video playback keeps halting, displays blue screen, and when video plays there is a "snow" of a few, small, white lines across the image.

2) I cannot install xbian RC2. I insert the SD card successfully used for xbian Beta2 and power up the rpi. The display just hangs at a black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left hand corner.

I am currently (1 September 2014) installing using Raspbmc - and seems ok

Regards,

Clive
You need to comment out the initramfs value from /boot/config.txt and your Pi should boot fine.
(3rd Sep, 2014 04:06 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]You need to comment out the initramfs value from /boot/config.txt and your Pi should boot fine.

Can this be done with a cardreader in Windows?
I tried that, but it did't work for me. Result was exactly the same ... flashing screen, no boot.
What model is your Pi?
(3rd Sep, 2014 06:51 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]What model is your Pi?

I have a model B.
I have the same issue. RPi B (old one with less memory). I replaced RC2 with beta2 and it started. Now running upgrade.
(3rd Sep, 2014 05:23 PM)aztech Wrote: [ -> ]
(3rd Sep, 2014 04:06 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]You need to comment out the initramfs value from /boot/config.txt and your Pi should boot fine.

Can this be done with a cardreader in Windows?
I tried that, but it did't work for me. Result was exactly the same ... flashing screen, no boot.

Yes it can be done in a reader.
Could you please explain reasoning behind commenting out initramfs line? It looks the same in both beta2 and RC2 and former work, when later no.
Beside the firmware inserting the value itself I have no idea.
It's because the same busybox issue. Also affected the initramfs. A new RC3 image will arrive soon.
Shouldn't the image be removed until then? Seems the best way to prevent further issues Smile
@menakite or @mk01 ?
Reference URL's