Forum

Full Version: [1.0RC3] XBMC keeps restarting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Today I wasn't able to watch anything on my PI because after few seconds XBMC restarts itself.
She still on, but it keeps going to the splash page saying XBMC start.
Any idea?
Some days ago I installed btsync.
Any help, please?
It looks like a number of people are having issues with RC3 ... several people including myself ended up with a restarting xbmc every couple of minutes. I'd say your best bet is to roll back to a working snapshot and wait for the dust to settle on RC3. Take a look at http://wiki.xbian.org/doku.php/snapshots to roll back.

Hopefully you should still be able to ssh in despite the respawning process.

(19th Sep, 2014 04:28 AM)effemmeffe Wrote: [ -> ]Any help, please?
I have a rc2 image, if I install that can I do a apt-get upgrade or should I avoid that to stay with rc2?
If you already tried RC3 and had problems, then stay with RC2 for now.

Also, FWIW, try to update/upgrade via SSH and xbian-config as it is reported to be a little safer...

Skywatch
Yes, I want to stay on rc2, but it is not clear to me if I should not update to achieve that. Should I disable the auto update in xbian-config?
Yes it's best to disable auto update for a while, the issues are being worked out.
I don't get it. If RC3 really is that bad, just take it off the site and the repo.
I have already suggested this.
Is apt upgrading also considered unstable?
If btrfs-tools is still broken and whatever the nfs issue is then I would definitely say even apt upgrading is a bad idea.
Is btrfs-tools still broken? And what is the NFS issue?
My router is currently out of commission so I can't do an upgrade to check. I will have to find the thread with the NFS issue.

•edit•
Okay it's samba not NFS:

http://forum.xbian.org/showthread.php?tid=2480

There is another thread with a similar issue.
Can you link the other thread as well?
I can't find the other thread. I wonder if the XBMC dying issue in this thread isn't from samba as well, it is enabled by default isn't it?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's