Forum

Full Version: Distorted sound in video and GUI sounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Software
XBian version: 1.0RC3
XBMC version: 13.2
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
RPi model: B 512
SD card size and make/type: 8Gb
Network: Wireless
Connected devices: TV, USB HD.

Logile
Link to logfile(s): I can't find it.

Problem description:
After a new xbian install from scratch the sound seems to be OK in the first time, but turns distorted when I try to play any video.

Rpi is HDMI connected to TV.

I dont know where look for to solve it. Any idea?

Thank you very much.
What power supply are you using and how have you connected everything together? Are you using a USB hub? If yes, does the hub have it's own power supply?

Skywatch.
Thank for your answer.

I have no HUB. The connections are:

Rpi USB1: USB HD (with their own power supply)
Rpi USB2: Wifi dongle.
Rpi HDMI: TV

That's all.

The power supply is this:

http://cl.ly/image/2l0T162x0e2t Sorry about image quality. The label is 1 cm wide. I am unable to read it with my eyes.

I have another one: http://cl.ly/image/0X0C1Z291v0u

The problem was solved by itself today. I am thinkin that, if is a power supply related problem, maybe because I have used a phone power supply instead the Rpi's.
It was indeed the power supply that was giving you the problem.

In photo 1 it shows it as giving out 4.75V at 0.56A !!! - To be honest it's a wonder the thing worked with that at all!!!

The second photo shows a better supply with 5V at 1.5A, much more like it!

Glad it's all worked out!

Skywatch.
(now how do I add a 'thanks' button I wonder?).... ;-)
You're right. Was a mistake do not care for install the original power supply.

Thanks!

And thanks for the clue about button Smile

Ehem... must be an off topic but, how do you add that button? I was triyng to find some help inside forum, unsuccessfully.
(29th Sep, 2014 02:34 AM)aitor Wrote: [ -> ]Ehem... must be an off topic but, how do you add that button? I was triyng to find some help inside forum, unsuccessfully.

I don't know, but like you I looked and couldn't find anything.

Glad we got to the problem though - happy times for your videos now! Smile

Can you edit the title to [solved] as I have above please?

Skywatch.
Hello, I need to reopen this thread. Distorted sound comes back!

I have installed Xbian 1.0RC3 with this software:
- Sickbeard
- NZBget
- Transmission
- Couchpotato

The problem is the same. When I try to play any video the sound becomes distorted.

The power supply is the rigth power supply Wink (see previous comments in the thread to check it)

Even with all software stopped (Sickbeard, NZBget, Transmission, Couchpotato) the problem comes back.

I am really lost. ¿What can be the cause?
Thank you in advance.
Does this happen if you unplug all the USB connected items?
I have two USB items, HD disc (I can not unplug this, it have the video library inside) and wifi dongle.

I tryed to run this system in another Rpi I have, without wifi dongle, and the problem persist.
more likely your issue rely in a part of your HW, so PSU, PSU cable, HDMI cable.
I would start from HDMI cable, try to change that and maybe connect to another TV
The reason I asked is because when running a 1A power supply my wifi adapter caused the sound to distort on network activity.

HDMI cable is another thing it could be as Richard pointed out.
(15th Oct, 2014 07:10 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]The reason I asked is because when running a 1A power supply my wifi adapter caused the sound to distort on network activity.

HDMI cable is another thing it could be as Richard pointed out.
sure, I had similar issue with loosing network and it was caused by bad PSU USB cable
I have changed HDMI cable and the problem persist.

I have not another TV. If the problem is located in the TV, can be it fixed without change TV?

Sad
Try lowering the default overclock to stock 700mhz.

Have you changed any audio related settings?
Thank you for your answer. After set overclock to 700 (see this screen capture http://cl.ly/image/0p3K2Z2F0n0P ) the problem persist.

The audio settings are the default settings.

I did some tests:

I played one TV shows that I have in very low quality (Monty Python Flying Circus) and the sound works well. Others movies and TV shows up to 720 pixels crash the sound.

I Tryed to install a new installation in another SD card and the problem persist, even without aditional software installed.

My TV is a Sony Bravia of 2009. See this screencapture for aditional specs: http://cl.ly/image/0G201O3M1u0j

Thank you very much for the help!

I tryed to remove the wifi adapter and, in a first time, the sound was fixed but, after that, come back distorted.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's