Forum

Full Version: No networks show up while scanning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am stuck with the following problem:
Recently I installed Xbian (RC3) on my Raspberry Pi. I also bought a Wi-Fi adapter (one of those no-branded-ones) to connect to the Wi-Fi network at home. When I try to connect to a network (via the Xbian settings) I select wlan0 instead of eth0, and then I click on SSID. A popup saying 'scanning for networks' shows up, and then a screen comes up, showing nothing. I have also tried scanning for networks through the xbian-config, but that doesn't work either; no networks are displayed.

Since the Wi-Fi adapter works and is recognized, I don't know what could be the problem. So, could anyone help me sort this one out?
Verify that in your router you have "SSID broadcast" or "visible" - or something like that - enabled.

What's the output of
Terminal
sudo xbian-config network scan wlan0
xbian-config should be able to detect these "hidden" networks.
When I put in the command, nothing shows up. It just waits for half a second and then it shows the xbian@xbian line.

My network is visible, even if it wasn't, xbian should be able to detect other networks in the neighborhood; now it returns nothing.
Can you first provide this info: http://forum.xbian.org/announcement-9.html
Software
XBian version: 1.0RC3
XBMC version: 13.2
Overclock settings: default

Hardware
Power supply rating: 2A
RPi model (model A/B 256mb/512mb): Model B+
SD card size and make/type: 16GB, Class 10 (Transcend)
Network (wireless or LAN): Wireless (trying to, actually Undecided)
Connected devices (TV, USB, network storage, etc.): TV, keyboard, Wi-Fi adapter
And the logfiles?
Oh right, forgot those. Tried to figure out how to get them to my Windows pc, since I can't get access to the xbian folder on my pc. How can I copy the logfiles from the sd card?
@ADeda

try link up on the adapter first

Code:
sudo -i
ip link set wlan0 up

some adapters do scan only when requested and this will fail if link on them is DOWN. that was fixed as bug recently but could be you have still the older version.
Reference URL's