Forum

Full Version: IR Prob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem With IR its not working ( i'm using RPI B + and mini remote similar that picture below and IR connected directly to gpio )

Any tips to get it working ?
How Can i Test IR if working or not ?
did you follow all the wiki steps?
(28th Oct, 2014 02:39 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]did you follow all the wiki steps?

Yes , i commend mode2 but i got nothing ( i tried many remotes ) but when i touch the wires i got some results without using remote

root@xbian:~# mode2
space 989187
space 894
space 413
space 387
space 866
space 835

No pulses just only spaces
No results with irw cmd
Sounds like you need to change from the 3.3v to 5v power or vice versa.
(29th Oct, 2014 04:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you need to change from the 3.3v to 5v power or vice versa.

I already tried that but i got a huge spaces list without using remote
when i press on any key on remote i see some difference spaces get faster
With irw command no results and Xbian too.

My IR Like This
Do you know which specific model it is?
(29th Oct, 2014 01:28 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know which specific model it is?
Model : LFN on LR Head it's taken from car Mp3 cigarette hub

I think its SparkFun 708-5086P --- TSOP382
any ideas ?
What do you mean when you touch the wires?

Have you loaded the module?
Take a look at ....... https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/Infrared/tsop382.pdf

This is the data sheet and it shows a recommended resistor in the power lead and a capacitor should be added. Try that first.

Also note that there are 6 different carrier frequencies for these devices (like different radio channels) and it *could* be that all your remotes are on a different frequency modulation....
Did the receiver diode and remote work together before?

Skywatch.
(31st Oct, 2014 12:28 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean when you touch the wires?

Have you loaded the module?
i mean when i touch any wire of 3 i got spaces result only

yes ir already connected

(31st Oct, 2014 06:51 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look at ....... https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/Infrared/tsop382.pdf

This is the data sheet and it shows a recommended resistor in the power lead and a capacitor should be added. Try that first.

Also note that there are 6 different carrier frequencies for these devices (like different radio channels) and it *could* be that all your remotes are on a different frequency modulation....
Did the receiver diode and remote work together before?

Skywatch.
so why adafruit using ir directly as picture.
-can you tell me the model of resistor and a picture for it
Did you look at the link and the diagrams? The text gives a range of values, but I don't know about the Adafruit product and so can't comment on that. Maybe contact Adafruit and ask them?

Does it work on other distros or is it just xbian you have a problem with?

Skywatch.
(1st Nov, 2014 04:22 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Did you look at the link and the diagrams? The text gives a range of values, but I don't know about the Adafruit product and so can't comment on that. Maybe contact Adafruit and ask them?

Does it work on other distros or is it just xbian you have a problem with?

Skywatch.
that's will be complicated because i'm very busy and i don't have this tools at this time

no its not working with any other Xbmc
i tried this one but its not working
Any Help?

no need to shout, people doing this as a hobby. nobody is paid for anything here. everyone can see your thread, so if you do not have a straight answer usually it means they do not have the answer
Reference URL's