Forum

Full Version: Delayed picture when starting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I've got this issue:
Whenever I start a movie, be it a "Live TV" recording or a movie in the library, the sound always starts 5 to 10 seconds before the picture comes on. The picture and sound are in sync though. What do I do to remove this lag?
I'm on RPi B model running of USB installation (and it does not make a difference if i run of an SD installation...)

BR
/ZkiiFreak
It sounds to me like a bottleneck of some kind.

If the sound and picture - eventually - sync, then it is more that likely an initial lag, be it CPU, I/O or N/W.

Can you post the output of dmesg, xbmc.log and the output of vmstat 5 50 from BEFORE you start a movie. If it ends before the audio/picture sync, then increase the 50 until it does.

Also, what else are you running? Transmission, add-ons etc.

A copy of top "top -n 1 -b > top-output.txt" to see what is happening.

As you've already read "Please read before you post" you'll know what to do with the files .............
(30th Oct, 2014 10:40 PM)zkiifreak Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I've got this issue:
Whenever I start a movie, be it a "Live TV" recording or a movie in the library, the sound always starts 5 to 10 seconds before the picture comes on. The picture and sound are in sync though. What do I do to remove this lag?
I'm on RPi B model running of USB installation (and it does not make a difference if i run of an SD installation...)

BR
/ZkiiFreak

normal behaviour, so not much you can do. you can hit play/enter/ok on the file and immediately press pause so the movie going to be paused until the video out is sett
(31st Oct, 2014 02:15 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(30th Oct, 2014 10:40 PM)zkiifreak Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I've got this issue:

BR
/ZkiiFreak

normal behaviour, so not much you can do. you can hit play/enter/ok on the file and immediately press pause so the movie going to be paused until the video out is sett
Thanks for the answer. Then I'll just leave it be Blush
@zkiifreak

if you use auto resolution changes on play/stop you can set xbmc to pause X sec on that action. then you will have what ricardo proposed automatically done by xbmc.
Reference URL's