Forum

Full Version: CEC, xbian-config. Disable, not loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Problem one. CEC

The raspberry pi is hooked up to a CEC capable projector. When I go into the projector menu, I can adjust stuff and all that jazz. But when I want to exit the projector menu (Return on projector) the raspberry pi will freeze if it is playing a video. The audio will do the scratched audio thing. Don't know how to explain it but one fraction of a second is just played over and over again till I unplug the Pi.

Now, I knew it was CEC because it happened 2 times, both times when I pressed return on the project (The video files aren't corrupt. They play fine when not in the projector menu.). So I thought I would just disable CEC. In the config.txt file, I added 'hdmi_ignore_cec=1' to disable CEC. On startup, it said CEC module failed to load or something like that. Great! But then I tried playing a video. As soon as I hit enter/play, xbian decided to restart xbmc.

For this problem, I need CEC disabled. How do I do?

--------------------------------------------------

Problem two. Xbian-config does not load.

When I try to load the xbian-config, it gets to about 25% then the box just vanishes. Nothing happens after that. Some days ago, I could get into xbian-config. But now I can't. Nothing has changed other then I had to re-flash xbian for a reason I can't remember.

So how do I get into xbian-config? SSH doesn't give me all the options as the gui does.

I will be able to provide logs when it gets darker tonight so I can see the projector screen.
you trying to find a work around instead of fixing the real problem. start by looking into logs what causing your freezing, rebooting etc Wink
Reference URL's