Forum

Full Version: Enough Duran Duran already....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Here is my problem.....Xbian pi keeps on downloading Duran Duran RAR files to the memory card Sad

I don't know how to stop it. ??? I keep deleting them, but they keep coming back!

They are in the xbian-xbmc/temp folder and I have never set up the pi to d/l from ANY torrent site.

How do I track down what's doing this and stop it please?

Skywatch.
(19th Nov, 2014 09:12 PM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Here is my problem.....Xbian pi keeps on downloading Duran Duran RAR files to the memory card Sad

I don't know how to stop it. ??? I keep deleting them, but they keep coming back!

They are in the xbian-xbmc/temp folder and I have never set up the pi to d/l from ANY torrent site.

How do I track down what's doing this and stop it please?

Skywatch.

are you serious here? I hope you are not and this is kind of a joke Big Grin
No joke!

They just keep appearing. I have never added any torrent software to the pi and it's never used to d'l music from anywhere (I wouldn't know how to get it working for a start!) - So the mystery prevails.

I am not sure if it only happens during upgrades or updates or at other times, but it's annoying me (and could be illegal).

Skywatch.
(20th Nov, 2014 04:27 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]No joke!

They just keep appearing. I have never added any torrent software to the pi and it's never used to d'l music from anywhere (I wouldn't know how to get it working for a start!) - So the mystery prevails.

I am not sure if it only happens during upgrades or updates or at other times, but it's annoying me (and could be illegal).

Skywatch.

well, its your device so you are responsible what ever you have on it. I can re assure you and everyone else that we (understand XBian) have nothing to do with it.
You can check your logs or just simply reinstall(reflash) your SD card.
Once again, this have nothing to do with XBian!
Unlikely that it comes from BitTorrent, I suggest to check installed add-ons. Also "ps aux" to check currently running processes. (Is this a shared folder? Something on the network that stores its downloads there for some obscure reason?)
@menakite,

It's not a shared folder as all shared folders are on the server, not the SD card. It has me baffled as I have removed the files before (always RAR files with Duran Duran ultimate collection and other Duran Duran songs in there) - Maybe the pi has been hacked by a fan??? - I just want to see if I can find out how to stop it happening as it takes space on the SD card.

I'll look into the addons and 'ps aux' and see what I find.

Cheers

Skywatch.
Let us know Skywatch, I'm interested in what is doing it.
(22nd Nov, 2014 11:57 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Let us know Skywatch, I'm interested in what is doing it.

definitely some add-on or local settings. nothing to do with default XBian installation
Having deleted all the rarfolderxxxx from the pi I checked this morning and there it was again! - This time it was timed at 21:04 last night and so I looked at the logs and have pasted below the log from 21:00-21:05.

There are references to the RAR file in there, but I can't see what's causing it or how to stop it. - Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,

Skywatch........log excerpt below........

you know the drill about logs, this time I have edited your post // rikardo1979
@Skywatch

isn't autolib update depending on service addons like artwork downloader or similar?
then it would make sense to some extend, like for instance tvtunes downloads at the end theme music or even soundtrack files ...

turn on debug logging.
No need now.

1. change password.
2. install fail2ban.
3. problem has not happened since doing that.

Skywatch.
(27th Nov, 2014 04:46 AM)Skywatch Wrote: [ -> ]No need now.

1. change password.
2. install fail2ban.
3. problem has not happened since doing that.

Skywatch.

so basically you just doing a work around instead of fixing Wink
Reference URL's