Forum

Full Version: [Solved] Bright lines at screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm using Xbian RC3 on Model B connected to an old-fashioned 16:9-TV. Thing is, I'm having bright vertical lines at my screen, especially visible when it's dark in the movie. I'm not having these issues with Raspian (omxplayer) on the same TV, so if I'm using omxplayer I'm better off with Raspian (analog sound seems also to be better).

No, I will not update anything. I didn't download Beta nor Unstable, but nothing is working - bad sound (no digital, bad analog), bad picture, no network. I have no Internet access, cause there is nothing like to connect to UMTS/3G and sakis3g isn't compiling cause some program (bunzip) is missing. My only update will be Rasbmc or Openelec.
(26th Nov, 2014 08:38 PM)Darth.Severus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm using Xbian RC3 on Model B connected to an old-fashioned 16:9-TV. Thing is, I'm having bright vertical lines at my screen, especially visible when it's dark in the movie. I'm not having these issues with Raspian (omxplayer) on the same TV, so if I'm using omxplayer I'm better off with Raspian (analog sound seems also to be better).

No, I will not update anything. I didn't download Beta nor Unstable, but nothing is working - bad sound (no digital, bad analog), bad picture, no network. I have no Internet access, cause there is nothing like to connect to UMTS/3G and sakis3g isn't compiling cause some program (bunzip) is missing. My only update will be Rasbmc or Openelec.

OK, thaks for letting us know
(27th Nov, 2014 03:13 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thaks for letting us know
Thanks, no thing. I was still using it today, trying to make it work. I recognized that these lines are not visible in the shell after I exited XCMB.
In kodi forum I got they issue solved in ~ 30 minutes. Bigger forums are working better.

sdtv_mode=2 in the config (PAL)

I'm using OpenElec now.
(15th Jan, 2015 06:28 AM)Darth.Severus Wrote: [ -> ]In kodi forum I got they issue solved in ~ 30 minutes. Bigger forums are working better.

sdtv_mode=2 in the config (PAL)

I'm using OpenElec now.

thanks for letting us know, 2nd time
you posted 1st time you not going to anything, except you switch to something else. so that was the reason why nobody tried to help.
Thanks once again.
I believe we can close your thread now as you switched again so no further discussion needed?
I wrote, I won't nor can't update. Not that I wouldn't change the config.
However, it's solved so this can be closed.
(26th Nov, 2014 08:38 PM)Darth.Severus Wrote: [ -> ]No, I will not update anything.

My only update will be Rasbmc or Openelec.

These two statements is why no one helped you. If you feel better using OpenELEC then you are free to do so, good luck.

I'm closing this thread now. Hope to see you using XBian again in the future.
Reference URL's