Forum

Full Version: slow response & starting xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi. i was using xbmc for a couple days in xbian. evertyhing was ok. after a reboot the system is SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOW and after a while it pops the screen of stating XBMC. that takes a minute and then again on the xbmc. the process is endless.
i have tried to clean the sources list, update, upgrade the system, but still the same problem.
then i did a new install. everything is OK until i do the first reboot and then i have the forementioned behavior.
i am using xbian 1.0 realease 3.

any ideas please?
(12th Dec, 2014 07:00 PM)binary_dreamer Wrote: [ -> ]hi. i was using xbmc for a couple days in xbian. evertyhing was ok. after a reboot the system is SOOOOOOO SLOOOOOW and after a while it pops the screen of stating XBMC. that takes a minute and then again on the xbmc. the process is endless.
i have tried to clean the sources list, update, upgrade the system, but still the same problem.
then i did a new install. everything is OK until i do the first reboot and then i have the forementioned behavior.
i am using xbian 1.0 realease 3.

any ideas please?

do you have any add-ons, plugins or anything extra installed on top? whats your HW setup details?
SSH into RPi and run top and see whats happening
sorry i forgot to mention.
i am running it on raspberry PI. i did not any overclock or any other modifications.
all i added was the genesis plugin. nothing else.
i will post a cpu load a bit later
(13th Dec, 2014 01:03 AM)binary_dreamer Wrote: [ -> ]sorry i forgot to mention.
i am running it on raspberry PI. i did not any overclock or any other modifications.
all i added was the genesis plugin. nothing else.
i will post a cpu load a bit later

well, than try on clean system. dont install anything on top. if its run OK than its pretty obvious that the issue is caused by your add-ons/plugins
hi. even on clean install after the reboot the system bahaves the same.
problem solved. it was a broken addon.
thanks a lot.
Thanks for updating, could you mark the title of the thread solved please.
Reference URL's