Forum

Full Version: Pi License not accepted so no video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I would give xbian a try to compare vs raspbmc. Install went well until I tried to put in my mpeg 2 license no. It would not save it. I have 2 licenses on 2 sd cards and tried the other number and it accepted it but it was the wrong number for the card being used and so no video. I booted back up with the raspbmc sd card and checked I was using the right number. So tried again and still it wont save the number. Does not make any sense to me.
Should I re-install? I am using the newest download available and am using the older raspberry pi.

Thanks
how did you add the licence?
once added check it is stored in /boot/config.txt or add it there manually and see if it works
(26th Dec, 2014 05:02 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]how did you add the licence?
once added check it is stored in /boot/config.txt or add it there manually and see if it works

I added it via the config menu in program files, I believe.
Used Yatse remote to add.

Will try your idea.
Thanks
(26th Dec, 2014 05:13 AM)taurusgd Wrote: [ -> ]
(26th Dec, 2014 05:02 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]how did you add the licence?

I added it via the config menu in program files, I believe.
Used Yatse remote to add.

Will try your idea.
Thanks

Ok, that way worked after I figured out how to assign password to root.
Thanks again.
Hi there,

In got now the same Problem. My mpg2 licence used to work with noch problems. But since i change to openelec i found out that it does not work with openelec nor xbian. Even a clean xbian install were i was asked for the mpg2 licence key did not work. I See it in the config.txt, i tried different ways with nano, Note++ no differenc. If i check with ssh it is disabled. Yes I check the right Code spelling, Zoo of course......any idea what happend, again it used to work but somehow, it does not any more.....

Thanks for help

Sirloc
@Sirloc Can you post the output of config.txt and output from vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2
Reset back to Problem
Guess what it says: mpg2=disabled

my config.txt

#initramfs initramfs.gz 0x1000000
gpu_mem_1024=256
gpu_mem_512=144
gpu_mem_256=100
initial_turbo=3
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1
disable_overscan=1
disable_splash=1
arm_freq=840
core_freq=320
sdram_freq=400
over_voltage=0
sdtv_mode=2

decode_MPG2=0x714ae122
Do you own more than one RPi? if so are you sure you using the right codes?
As it just should work
And "vcgencmd codec_enabled" is case-sensitive:
Terminal
xbian@xbian ~ $ vcgencmd codec_enabled h264
h264=disabled
xbian@xbian ~ $ vcgencmd codec_enabled H264
H264=enabled
i dont get it ether i just own one rpi and i have the right code for this rpi......
Thanks for the hint of Capital letters, since xbian, didnot work at all AirPlay, movieplayback just some, i change to openelec and mpg2 is enabled, some Time later i Check with xbian.....any Know-how issues with the Last stabiles xbian Release and videoplayback, AirPlay??? I use with hifiberry soundchip......

But thanks Anyway.....
Reference URL's