Forum

Full Version: Database cleanup takes ages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Xbian latest and gratest off an USB hard drive using btrfs and a second hard drive to store all my medias, but whenever the database cleanup kicks in it takes a really huge amount of time.

I've about 500 movies in my library along with about a 100 tv series episodes and a couple of thousand pictures.
Movies are set up not to scan recursively (1 folder per movie) and my internet connection is quite slow, though the new content scanning is almost immediate as I only add one or two movies every now and then.
I know I can turn off the automatic library cleanup, but I truly believe the cleanup should take only a few seconds, especially on a stable library...

My best guess is somehow the cleanup fails and hangs, which might be the source for the XBMC hangs I experience almost every day: I have to log in remotely and restart the XBMC service to regain functionality.

I'm not a total noob with Linux and I searched in the logs for possible causes, but I see nothing that stands out.

The hardware is a model B+.

Any suggestion is welcome as this is getting worse by the day.
Can you provide a debug log? http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log/Easy

My guess is that you have some HTTP (or FTP, ...) entries that have become unreachable and are timing out. If that's the case, you need to let it complete and these entries will be removed.
Reference URL's