Forum

Full Version: Rpi drops off network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This has happened a couple of times of late now since adding Staging and Kodi. I know my fault but I wanted to progress Smile

Anyway what log can I look at to give me clues as to why this is happening, I basically have to pull the plug and this isn't good for remote access...
(24th Jan, 2015 04:16 AM)Calzor Suzay Wrote: [ -> ]This has happened a couple of times of late now since adding Staging and Kodi. I know my fault but I wanted to progress Smile

Anyway what log can I look at to give me clues as to why this is happening, I basically have to pull the plug and this isn't good for remote access...

are you sure your HW is OK? I have had this issue and it was caused by bad USB PSU cable. Make sure your PSU has enough juice and it provides stable supply
Yeah it's been fine for a year+ only since staging/kodi, I need stability so rebuilding back to normal build...
Ok rebuilt, fingers crossed she stays up Smile
it's not a hardware issue, I can confirm this issue, after spending a couple of minutes on the SSH console the raspi just disconnects somehow and that's it. using the same configuration (Kodi + staging) as the other guy. let me know if you need more information. or is it a known issue already?
Yeah went back to 'normal' version and dropped off network, have since run a bunch of updates today but it no longer launches the 'gui' anymore now.
What's the "GUI"?
The text config thing it just logs onto a prompt now.

Either way the updates haven't helped and it dropped off the network again.

What logs can I look at to find out why???
(1st Feb, 2015 03:23 AM)Calzor Suzay Wrote: [ -> ]The text config thing it just logs onto a prompt now.

Either way the updates haven't helped and it dropped off the network again.

What logs can I look at to find out why???

so you reffering to xbian-config in ssh?
yup but to be honest I 'm not too fussed about that I can just run it but it's dropped off the network multiple times.
I'm pretty sure it's just the network as the Domoticz stats show the temperature of the Rpi without any gaps.
How are you connecting to the RPi?

I've had this sort of problem before when using putty on Winoze. Setting the "timeout" to 0 solved the problem.
I get no ping and access to the Domoticz website drops off.
I'm assuming it's just losing the network not dying, any logs that can verify this?
Ok not sure if it's the network or the whole box is hanging.
I left a keyboard plugged in, started fine and keyboard worked, left it X amount of time and noticed couldn't ping it anymore. Turned TV back to xbmc and it was in darker power save look, keyboard no longer responsive had to pull the power.

What can be done to resolve this?

Is the rPi firmware independent of xbian OS?

Looking here https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware it's 3.18.5 but my rPi says it's 3.15.8+ from a uname -a
No, rpi-firmware is closely linked to the OS. Newer kernels are available in the staging repository for you to test.
Staging = experimental though.
I thought normal would of been stable but it doesn't appear to be...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's