Forum

Full Version: [RPi] Staging xbian-package-xbmc (14.1~RC1) (Kodi)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We need feedback to know if the latest xbian-package-xbmc in staging is considered stable? To test, enable the staging repostory and run:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbian-package-xbmc

When it is, we'll move it to the stable repository so all users will enjoy the upgrade as well as our automatically generated images.

And to make sure you vote on poll at top of the page here please so we know where we are. Thank you
I have two issues with 14.1 RC1 Kodi :

Issue 1: Kodi doesn't remember my screen resolution.
Every time I reboot resolution is changed back to 640x480
I tried various things, but it doesn't seems to remember my resolution.
With OE and previous versions of Xbian, no problem. Ckecked permission in /home/xbian already.
Need some more time to check this....

Issue 2: Xbian config doesn't show any menu items and descriptions.
The menu is there but without any name and description. I am able to scoll and hit the buttons. Also they seem to work. But no descriptions.

Just my two cents...
KB
For xbian-config. I've seen the problem on kodi. I've check a bit but don't found the problem.
I use a list (for skin) for what i've seen in doc nothing has changed.
Others lists work. it should be a race condition some where but i've not find it yet.

EDIT : retranslate in english, my phone don't like english ;-)
Other users (and moderators) that can check?
@Killerbee regarding the issue 2.are u using custom skin in any case or any other modifications done?
screen issue is related to CEC I believe, try to force settings
no i suppose something has changed how kodi display the xml for skins,
i've the same problem with default confluence on Kodi.

I suppose un bug in Kodi as it work in previous version,
probleme is xml is soo big, it's no so easy to find wich part break this.

i've check 1 hour or two yesterday, if i don't find,
i'll probably use a workaround, and use buttons instead of list,
but it need a bit of rewriting for that.

Just to be sure,
for me staging is not KODI (yesterday at least),
to have KODI installed, i've ton install xbmc-packages-xbmc-nightly-6q.
There's a dependency problem with the staging directory and last xbian-package-xbmc (with upstart bridge) refuse to install.
today's update killed my system again.
Just ran an normal update (update in kodi). Got a kernel panic dring the update (3.17 kernel from staging) and now my system doesn boot anymore.

Just a standard staging/dev system. No special add-on's or skins
I'll try to fix it and come back...

Kb
thanks for the warning, Killerbee. guess I'll wait a little until I update my XBian again..
I got something like issue 2 in Kodi also. The menu items lack a portion and also season lists lack numbering. This causes season lists to be sorted alphabetically in stead of by number, which is very annoying....

The new kernel seems to be fine, but I'll reply that in the right topic also.
We've released Kodi to all platforms. Issues can be discussed in the other topics.
The issue persists, resolution setting does not stick and neither does video calibration.
My issue is resolved, apparently the list sorting was switched to 'name' during some update. I've put it back to 'episode' and now everything looks fine.
(30th Jan, 2015 10:11 PM)Killerbee Wrote: [ -> ]I have two issues with 14.1 RC1 Kodi :

Issue 1: Kodi doesn't remember my screen resolution.
Every time I reboot resolution is changed back to 640x480

Same issue with the resolution here.
Just got my rpi2 today and installed the latest image from sourcefourge (XBian_Latest_rpi2.img.gz = XBian_2015.02.14_rpi2.img.gz ), it's kodi 14.2-beta1.

Not really a problem and not sure if i'm writing in the right thread, but you forgot to change the repos for SuperRepo.
You still got the repositories for Gotham and not (kodi) Helix.
Same thing goes for the source of SuperRepo. In the file manager, the link for SuperRepo is http://mirrors.superrepo.org/addons/gotham .
Please change this Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's