Forum

Full Version: more problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. I am really impressed with xbian but I have come across something now that has probably put me off now.
1.Large 1080 files refuse to play. This seems to have been since a firmware and software update as recommended from another post to solve the grey screen on fast forward and rewind.
2.I am also having problems with cec - looses link between raspberry pi and Samsung TV every so often.
3.Cannot implement custom boot logo
4.Plugging in usb devices causes whole system to reboot.

I am really impressed and really want to keep this as a designated media player but I feel there are too many bugs.
It is a shame; if these were ironed out then this would be the best media player in my opinion that is currently out there.
On a plus note, I have to say that how it deals with dts audio is just amazing and puts it above the competition - openelec and raspbmc.
3) This function will not be implemented anytime soon. Let us first be - the first - that implements an actual animated boot splash on the RPi.
4) Probably caused by insufficient power. Did you try a powered usb hub?
(15th Jan, 2013 08:02 PM)CurlyMo Wrote: [ -> ]3) This function will not be implemented anytime soon. Let us first be - the first - that implements an actual animated boot splash on the RPi.
4) Probably caused by insufficient power. Did you try a powered usb hub?

When you say not any time soon... What kind of time scale - a year?
Power supply is 5V 2A
its not matter how big is your PSU for RPi as it is still out about 300mA on USB ports what is not enough always.
Also as u plug in/out the USB devices it may cause power surge and this may triggered the reboot.
So the self powered USB Hub is highly recommended
(15th Jan, 2013 08:20 PM)julius02 Wrote: [ -> ]When you say not any time soon... What kind of time scale - a year?
We are all volunteers with jobs or studies. So, we can never give a time frame. The way we work is we first implement a function and in future releases perfectionize it. There is a splash functionality in the planning that supports templates.
@Julius if you are not satisfied with the development speed, feel free to help or implementing these things yourself.
(15th Jan, 2013 10:00 PM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]@Julius if you are not satisfied with the development speed, feel free to help or implementing these things yourself.

I sense a bit of hostility. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the success of xbian. If you care to look at my post further up, you will see I am impressed how it performs!
I think I will try implementing these myself, don't want to upset anyone.
(15th Jan, 2013 10:24 PM)julius02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15th Jan, 2013 10:00 PM)Koenkk Wrote: [ -> ]@Julius if you are not satisfied with the development speed, feel free to help or implementing these things yourself.

I sense a bit of hostility. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the success of xbian. If you care to look at my post further up, you will see I am impressed how it performs!
I think I will try implementing these myself, don't want to upset anyone.

I sense that here 2
Quote:When you say not any time soon... What kind of time scale - a year?
Reference URL's