Forum

Full Version: automount esata drive (just like USB drives)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to figure out how XBian is doing the whole automounting USB drives thing. When I connect a HDD to USB, automatically the drive is mounted to /media/usb0.

For esata drives, nothing happens, you need to manually mount it to a folder. To keep the same naming scheme I would assume /media/esata.

I can mount my drive manually and/or use fstab to set up a static mount as described in the wiki (http://wiki.xbian.org/doku.php/mount_usb).

But is there a way to somehow have automounting for the ESATA port? Since there is only 1 port, this should be fairly easy I hope. I have 2 different external drives with an esata port and sometimes I need to connect the other one to the esata port. I simply want the path to stay the same (media/esata) for everything connected to the esata port (just like it is now with usb0 and usb1).
just guessing, isnt this tight to drives ID?
automounting usb drives? I don't know.. All I know is it neatly mounts to usb0 or usb1, using the usbmount package.
Reference URL's