Forum

Full Version: [RPi2]mkv codec-HEVC (H.265) wont play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have just installed a new raspberry pi 2 with the licences and I did an upgrade. When trying to play a mkv file, on the first try xbian go back to the initial profile page. On the second try I get the video sound but not the video. In attach you can find the logs.

Can someone help?

Moacir
does the file plays fine elsewhere? can you provide media nfo of the file?
(18th Feb, 2015 03:59 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]does the file plays fine elsewhere? can you provide media nfo of the file?

It plays on VLC (Windows 7, 64 bits). I have converted the mkv to mp4 using VLC and deleted the original file. However, I am having the very same problem with another mkv file. You can find the VLC information about this file it in attach.

I don't know how to do it but if you tell so I can get the file info from xbian.

Moacir
You can't play HEVC (H.265) files on the Pi 2.
That partial log is completely useless.
but no log is needed anyway as @f1vefour pinpointed Wink
(18th Feb, 2015 04:54 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]You can't play HEVC (H.265) files on the Pi 2.

So, is it there any hardware (device) out there, HDMI CEC enabled, that I can use and still also play HEVC?

Thanks,
Moacir
(18th Feb, 2015 06:29 AM)moacir.ferreira Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th Feb, 2015 04:54 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]You can't play HEVC (H.265) files on the Pi 2.

So, is it there any hardware (device) out there, HDMI CEC enabled, that I can use and still also play HEVC?

Thanks,
Moacir

yes, computers. the best with HW decoding capabilities for HEVC (H.265), preferably with Intel i7 CPU or equivalent
regarding CEC, you can use adaptor from pulse eight
Title of this thread updated

split thread

Continued here
(21st Feb, 2015 11:39 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]
split thread

Continued here

didn't we had this discussion before? Mods should put a sticky about Xbian and HEVC playback...
Reference URL's