Forum

Full Version: HDMI passthrough + USB DAC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
I've read a lot of thread regarding multiple audio output on XBMC etc. but I didn't find what I'm looking for.

I've a double audio setup. One with a multichannel AVR and another one with USB DAC connect to an hi-end 2.0 HiFi

I've tried to setup my new Raspberry Pi 2 with Xbian to match this type of configuration but unfortunately everything works fine only with HDMI connection.
I tried to change settings in Audio section putting ALSA: Musical Fidelity Analog in the main section and HDMI in device passthrough. With this configuration Films and other contents with multiple channel audio works fine but I can't listen any songs. In the HiFi system I can hear only noise.
I also read that XBMC does't support ALSA but why I can select it?

Is there someone who can help me with this?

Sorry for my poor English, I'm Italian Tongue

Best regards.
Luca
(21st Feb, 2015 01:32 AM)ziopanna Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,
I've read a lot of thread regarding multiple audio output on XBMC etc. but I didn't find what I'm looking for.

I've a double audio setup. One with a multichannel AVR and another one with USB DAC connect to an hi-end 2.0 HiFi

I've tried to setup my new Raspberry Pi 2 with Xbian to match this type of configuration but unfortunately everything works fine only with HDMI connection.
I tried to change settings in Audio section putting ALSA: Musical Fidelity Analog in the main section and HDMI in device passthrough. With this configuration Films and other contents with multiple channel audio works fine but I can't listen any songs. In the HiFi system I can hear only noise.
I also read that XBMC does't support ALSA but why I can select it?

Is there someone who can help me with this?

Sorry for my poor English, I'm Italian Tongue

Best regards.
Luca
have you read through this thread? any help in there?
Reference URL's