Forum

Full Version: Odroid C1 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The ODROID-C1 can play HEVC but CEC is currently broken, it has built-in IR that is faster than CEC. I just got one and have only had time to install Ubuntu for testing, but it indeed can play HEVC 1080p @ 60fps as I tested.
(18th Feb, 2015 06:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]The ODROID-C1 can play HEVC but CEC is currently broken, it has built-in IR that is faster than CEC. I just got one and have only had time to install Ubuntu for testing, but it indeed can play HEVC 1080p @ 60fps as I tested.

Ok, ODROID-C1 looks good. My problem is that I got too many remotes, actually 5! Now, is CEC broken by hardware (will never have it) or xbian does not have the right drivers yet?
(19th Feb, 2015 07:01 AM)moacir.ferreira Wrote: [ -> ]
(18th Feb, 2015 06:45 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]The ODROID-C1 can play HEVC but CEC is currently broken, it has built-in IR that is faster than CEC. I just got one and have only had time to install Ubuntu for testing, but it indeed can play HEVC 1080p @ 60fps as I tested.

Ok, ODROID-C1 looks good. My problem is that I got too many remotes, actually 5! Now, is CEC broken by hardware (will never have it) or xbian does not have the right drivers yet?

there is no XBian build for this device, dont get confused
he just mentioned that device as an option to play your codec
(19th Feb, 2015 07:11 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks Rikardo, it is really confusing. If the chipset is ARM I tought xbian would run on it. But I am quite new to this, so...

I am using VLC to convert H.265 into H.264 as even an Asus O!Player will play it. I guess converting is the best way to go until the hardware market adjust to the H.265. It is, however, a big pain...

I thank you all for your support.
Moacir
(19th Feb, 2015 09:33 AM)moacir.ferreira Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks Rikardo, it is really confusing. If the chipset is ARM I tought xbian would run on it. But I am quite new to this, so...

I am using VLC to convert H.265 into H.264 as even an Asus O!Player will play it. I guess converting is the best way to go until the hardware market adjust to the H.265. It is, however, a big pain...

Moacir
just wondering, which model of Asus O!Player? As I do not see native support of H.265 in any of those.
But anyway, all this players are at least twice as expensive as RPi and bare in mind, RPi wasnt designed as media platform but more learning platform Wink
He converted it to H.264 with VLC.
(20th Feb, 2015 10:12 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]He converted it to H.264 with VLC.

I was about the original file he mentioned at first Wink
http://goo.gl/uI5Xsr
(20th Feb, 2015 07:15 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19th Feb, 2015 09:33 AM)moacir.ferreira Wrote: [ -> ]

Moacir
just wondering, which model of Asus O!Player? As I do not see native support of H.265 in any of those.
But anyway, all this players are at least twice as expensive as RPi and bare in mind, RPi wasnt designed as media platform but more learning platform Wink

Sorry for the confusion. What I said is that RPi and Asus O!Play Media Pro would not play the mkv with H.265.

(20th Feb, 2015 03:51 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20th Feb, 2015 10:12 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]He converted it to H.264 with VLC.

I was about the original file he mentioned at first Wink
http://goo.gl/uI5Xsr

I know this is not the appropriate site to mention this but even VLC is having problem to convert the file. Also, it is quite cumbersome because the original mkv has Italian as the default language and I want English to be converted. VLC was converting a single language and so getting the default one. To overcome the problem I have set VLC to always select English if available. Then I could get the English sound but however VLC crashes after finishing the conversion. This post here is just to enrich your knowledge. I will post the bug report at VLC.
I'm really impressed with the odroid H.265 performance, look at the CPU usage here. I was streaming a 1080 H.265 8 gigabyte video from the Internet.

(21st Feb, 2015 02:58 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really impressed, look at the CPU usage here. I was streaming a 1080 H.265 8 gigabyte video from the Internet.

I believe this is on your ODROID-C1 and not RPi2, just to avoid confusion of other users

Also this is going a bit of topic.
@f1vefour maybe you can open separate thread for that device if you like to, if there is a chance we may support this in future Wink
Sorry Richard it was for the odroid. It was off topic, it's just he asked if there were a device that would play HEVC earlier and I just had a chance to play a large h.265 video. I edited my comment to say which device.
(21st Feb, 2015 05:06 PM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Richard it was for the odroid. It was off topic, it's just he asked if there were a device that would play HEVC earlier and I just had a chance to play a large h.265 video. I edited my comment to say which device.
no problem m8, just trying to avoid the confusion Wink
It may be a dumb question, but... If Odroid has such performance why not port xbian also to it? I mean, what it is the goal of having a Kodi port to ARM if not broad?
(21st Feb, 2015 10:13 PM)moacir.ferreira Wrote: [ -> ]It may be a dumb question, but... If Odroid has such performance why not port xbian also to it? I mean, what it is the goal of having a Kodi port to ARM if not broad?
it is cos of Mali GPU which is not really open to the developers
(21st Feb, 2015 10:25 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21st Feb, 2015 10:13 PM)moacir.ferreira Wrote: [ -> ]It may be a dumb question, but... If Odroid has such performance why not port xbian also to it? I mean, what it is the goal of having a Kodi port to ARM if not broad?
it is cos of Mali GPU which is not really open to the developers

It is funny Ricardo. So they makers of ARM devices force us to use PC hardware if we want to make sure Kodi will work. However, up to now I couldn’t find a mini-ITX board that is H.265 GPU enabled, with CEC, that will run Kodi properly. So, Raspberry is great, but does not have H.265; Odroid is powerful but we can’t get the drivers for lacking information and it has no CEC enabled so far. And yes, I know this is not a “development” fault.

What would you recommend for a low cost solution for my case?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's