Forum

Full Version: Using the modded Xbox reciever+remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey folks,

Really like the Xbian package. very usefull and easy to setup.

I originally had a RPi-B with raspbmc and had the original xbox remote working with a usb solderd to the reciever. it was plug n play.
Now I have setup a RPi-2 with xbian and the works. Next phase is to get more control through a remote.
I plugged in my xbox original remote but it isn't working. i did the "mode2" but it isn't showing.
Any ideas on how to get it running?

An other solution would be to have more buttons through the CeC (in my case samsung) I'm really missing the Display button. that's all i need really. Maybe some more along the way. Is there any way i can map the display button to a button on my samsung remote?

Any idea on how to get this going?

Thnx in advance.
Cheers,
Ragman

it could be that i should work and my reciever got overloaded... I connected a powered usb hub to get a HDD connected and i think every device overloaded that was connected.... HDD dead, logitech wireless keyboard dead, maybe the xbox reciever died too but can remember if it was connected at the time.
(22nd Feb, 2015 04:19 AM)Ragman Wrote: [ -> ]Hey folks,

Really like the Xbian package. very usefull and easy to setup.

I originally had a RPi-B with raspbmc and had the original xbox remote working with a usb solderd to the reciever. it was plug n play.
Now I have setup a RPi-2 with xbian and the works. Next phase is to get more control through a remote.
I plugged in my xbox original remote but it isn't working. i did the "mode2" but it isn't showing.
Any ideas on how to get it running?

An other solution would be to have more buttons through the CeC (in my case samsung) I'm really missing the Display button. that's all i need really. Maybe some more along the way. Is there any way i can map the display button to a button on my samsung remote?

Any idea on how to get this going?

Thnx in advance.
Cheers,
Ragman

it could be that i should work and my reciever got overloaded... I connected a powered usb hub to get a HDD connected and i think every device overloaded that was connected.... HDD dead, logitech wireless keyboard dead, maybe the xbox reciever died too but can remember if it was connected at the time.

of course you can edit your CEC remote keys

Code:
/usr/local/share/kodi/system/keymaps/remote.xml
http://forum.xbian.org/thread-2634-post-25949.html#pid25949

btw, what the <display> suppose to do? Im not sure what that is for Big Grin
Thanx i'll look into it.

the display toggles the menu HUD over whatever is running. makes it easy to do something while letting the the movie or music play en once done toggle back to it.

bedankt.

Ah got it to work! it is acyually the Fullscreen option. Also made some shortcuts to recent epz / movie hub / music / XoT(xbmc live)

Anyone got a clue how to override the samsung fixed buttons? only need to keep the power and source button.
You can't modify buttons that don't already have CEC functionality.
thnx for the headsup 54
Reference URL's