Forum

Full Version: White noise from television
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have my XBian (latest) connected to my TV by HDMI (HQ) cable.

Whenever I am in the menu of kodi, or playing a movie, I hear a soft white noise.
If I set the "audio keep alive" to none, the white noise is dissapeared, but I still do hear the clicking sound of kodi (menu sounds).

It this some issue that can be fixed? Of is this related to kodi?

Kind regards,
It is probably your power supply not providing clean power, try a higher quality supply.
Hi f1vefour,

Thank you for your reply.

The only thing I dont understand is when I set "keep audio alive" to none, I still hear the clicking sound of the OS (so audio is working) only the noise is gone..

That would implicate that the power source is correct, right?
I have trouble with my Audio as well. I hear a low clicking sound when I scroll through lists and things like that (I do not mean the regular menu sound, that is deactivated in my setup), it is more like a low electrical "click".
When you post could you say on Pi 1 or Pi 2 please.
(3rd Mar, 2015 01:10 AM)NitSuA Wrote: [ -> ]Hi f1vefour,

Thank you for your reply.

The only thing I dont understand is when I set "keep audio alive" to none, I still hear the clicking sound of the OS (so audio is working) only the noise is gone..

That would implicate that the power source is correct, right?

if you dont want GUI sound you need to turn it off
Code:
Play GUI sounds - Never

I am not sure, but I think that the option you have been trying has no effect on RPi
Reference URL's