Forum

Full Version: Resume playback upon going to home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there,

Is there a way to prevent videos from pausing when returning back to menu?

In OpenElec this is the default action. While movie is playing in the background you can go to home screen and video keeps playing. In xbian, when you go back to menu, video pauses. Sure you can press "play" and it'll keep on playing, but I'd like that to be automated.

Cheers,
Can
(8th Mar, 2015 08:53 AM)flanker Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

In OpenElec this is the default action. While movie is playing in the background you can go to home screen and video keeps playing. In xbian, when you go back to menu, video pauses. Sure you can press "play" and it'll keep on playing, but I'd like that to be automated.

Cheers,
Can

are you sure?mine is playing when going to Home screen
(8th Mar, 2015 08:55 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]
(8th Mar, 2015 08:53 AM)flanker Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,

Cheers,
Can

are you sure?mine is playing when going to Home screen

Yes, I'm pretty sure mine pauses. As I said, I can resume with the hotkey. How do you return to Home screen? I'm using wireless keyboard. Both ESC key and Backspace keys pauses the video.
Escape should do what your asking, it works for me.
(8th Mar, 2015 09:22 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Escape should do what your asking, it works for me.

Weird. I wonder if I messed up keymap file. Although only things I've changed were related to volume control. I'll do a clean install tomorrow. Will let you know if it fixes the problem.
Let me check right quick.

Yes I hit Exit on my remote while playing until I reached the home screen, movie kept playing.

(8th Mar, 2015 09:29 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Let me check right quick.

Yes I hit Exit on my remote while playing until I reached the home screen, movie kept playing.

Thanks. I'll try tonight. Btw what skin is that? It looks really cool.
(8th Mar, 2015 04:51 PM)flanker Wrote: [ -> ]
(8th Mar, 2015 09:29 AM)f1vefour Wrote: [ -> ]Let me check right quick.

Thanks. I'll try tonight. Btw what skin is that? It looks really cool.

Big Grin https://github.com/Nessus85100/tlbb
I've not had an issue and I'm on a Cubox-i. Possibly a skin problem? Try the default confluence and see if you get the same issue.
(9th Mar, 2015 03:19 AM)IriDium Wrote: [ -> ]I've not had an issue and I'm on a Cubox-i. Possibly a skin problem? Try the default confluence and see if you get the same issue.

Hey there. I'm already on confluence. Right now, I'm doing a clean install on a new SD card. I'll let you know if the problem persists.

Just done a fresh install. Everything stock. Updates done. It still pauses the video when I press ESC or Backspace.

I'm starting to think this is happening due to refresh rate change. I think I remember a setting like "pause video X seconds while screen refresh rate changes" or something.

I'll keep looking into it.

Hey there. Installed Amber Skin, and it behaves as expected. Aparently it was a problem with confluence skin. All good. I'll mark thread as solved.
thanks for this thread as I was/am experiencing the same issue.

Tried the arctic:zephyr skin with no luck. Trying others now.
i dont think its related to skin guys as I using default confluence skin and it works on what ever other skin I have tried
(11th Mar, 2015 04:24 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]i dont think its related to skin guys as I using default confluence skin and it works on what ever other skin I have tried

I've just tested again. With confluence skin, video stops when I return to home screen. With eminence skin, it doesn't. So, at least for me, problem seems the be skin related.

On a side note, I've tried lots of skins these last few days. Eminence is hands down the best! Non only it's far smoother then other skins I've tried, It also fixed random crash problems.

I'm pretty sure changing skin is what really fixed my problems. Because I'm switching between Confluence and Eminence and I always crash while I'm using Confluence. Haven't had one crash with eminence. The only problem I've encountered with eminence is, there is no background in Xbian Config app. And that's not a big deal really. When I have to use config tool, I just switch to confluence.

If you haven't just try it. It can't hurt.
what crash? whats in logs?never have had any crash with XBian
(11th Mar, 2015 04:48 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: [ -> ]what crash? whats in logs?never have had any crash with XBian

Don't know where system logs are stored in xbian. Checked /var/log/ it's not there. I think my problem is samba related. I got 2 Pi s. One serves as NAS, Torrent Box and the other is xbian.

Server Pi used to crash and reboot from time to time(nginx related, I believe I've fixed that now) If that happened while I was watching a movie, xbian with confluence skin would become unresponsive(couldn't even ssh). Eminence just says, source is no longer available, and kicks me back to home screen(as it should)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's