Forum

Full Version: CEC not working at boot on Panasonic Viera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(16th Apr, 2019 05:41 AM)te36 Wrote: [ -> ]oops, sorry. typo. 4/15/2019 - aka: downloaded / installed XBian today.
Xbian module says everything up to date.

Ah, ok

Quote:I now changed CEC config to
switch source to this device on startup YES

Isn't this set to YES as default?

Quote:devices to power on during statup TV and AVR device (explicit)

Sounds useless, bc you TV is already on

Quote:Send "inactive source" command on shutdown
When the TV is switched off Shutdown

Is useless, bc if you turn off TV, power goes away from USB ports -> Pi is not gracefully shut down:

This is really bad idea, to power Pi from USB TV ports

Quote:everything else left to default.

Now it seems to work.

I have no idea why. This is just strange magic with CEC. Aka: i don't understand which of these should be necessary, and if so, why.

Full ACK, CEC is a big miracle

Quote:Also still not clear why there is no way to explicitly configure the HDMI port . WOuld like to connect multiple CEC devices after all.

IMO this option is useless and is more confusing than it helps
After initial installation, CEC didn't work, so something in the defaults wasn't right. But hen again, i also had a second CEC device (PC with Pulse 8 adapter) on the second HDMI port, which is now disconnected. But i do remember that last time i tried to figure out CEC magic (couple years back), it was necessary to give devices on different HDMI ports different HDMI port configs.

I don't remember which the CEC default where today when installing XBian.

RPI on TV USB power has been working great for me for 5? years now. Haven't done it with Kodi so far, but only VDR, and with all type of driver networking and other problems etc. over the years its been the number 1 feature for WAF that you simply had to turn TV off and on to make TV work again. Never had file system issues, and that was with ext4. Now Xbian is btrfs which i guess should be is even more resilient against power loss. But yes, my prior RPI setups with VDR didn't really have any relevant local data cached. Will be interesting to see how Kodis cached data behaves.

I did run through two SD cards that expired (turned into read-only mode), but AFAIK, thats just standard wear behavior.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's