Forum

Full Version: Current Pi 2 image not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am a long time xbian user but never registered before. I recently bought a Pi 2 and today I started installing Xbian on the Pi 2.

At first I tried the latest image from sourceforge (XBian_Latest_rpi2.img.gz, dated 21st of March) but boot fails with a kernel panic (had to disable the splash to see it).

I then tried downloading the image named XBian_Stable_rpi2.img.gz (2015-02-07) and with that one everything works fine. After installing the stable image I upgraded via xbian-config and on the next reboot I experienced the same kernel panic. So for the time being I'll stick with the XBian_Stable_rpi2.img.gz and won't upgrade.

Hope this post may be useful.

And BTW, thanks for Xbian, it's great!
Giamma.
Thanks for the information, we are working on the kernel issues.
Any news on progress? LOVE LOVE LOVE xbian, it is fast, clean and easy to use. I do not get buffering issues, interface issues, nothing. It just works!
Huh i am sure the guys working behind the screens will get this sorted.
latest version boots fine now, but the hdmi keeps loosing sync and tv says not supported every few minutes...
Please post this issue on github.
Can you please mark the title solved?
Reference URL's