Forum

Full Version: Mini Interface Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all. I hope that I am posting in the correct area. I recently purchased a Pi 2. I decided to use Xbian for my Kodi media center. All went well, except the interface is very small and in the middle of the screen. I am attaching a picture of my TV. Where can I go to fix this? Thank you in advance.[attachment=414]
Hi - not sure of your configuration of Rpi2 to TV (mine is HDMI to RCA - old, but not ancient TV!).

First, check the video setting under System/Settings/System/Video Output (with Settings Level = Advanced)...here you should be able to set the video resolutions and calibrate the display to fit the screen.

Finally, if no joy, check the XBIAN config video settings...

to do this, I use putty.exe to ssh to the Rpi2 - login as xbian and whatever pwd (default raspberry) - this should auto-open the config util. Select the following options from the menus:

1. Settings
1. System
5. Video Output

..and then 'adjust' the setting - not sure exactly what you need to select, but some tinkering here should/may help get the correct display size.

If you cannot access this way, then it looks like you can use the xbian interface if the Advance Mode is selected under System/Settings/Xbian/Preferences - this then reveals the same video options under System/Settings/Xbian/System.

Failing that ???? dunno!
(25th Mar, 2015 07:53 AM)eespinosa Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all. I hope that I am posting in the correct area. I recently purchased a Pi 2. I decided to use Xbian for my Kodi media center. All went well, except the interface is very small and in the middle of the screen. I am attaching a picture of my TV. Where can I go to fix this? Thank you in advance.

what about Kodi GUI?is that full screen or small too?
(25th Mar, 2015 08:07 PM)StartledCat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - not sure of your configuration of Rpi2 to TV (mine is HDMI to RCA - old, but not ancient TV!).

First, check the video setting under System/Settings/System/Video Output (with Settings Level = Advanced)...here you should be able to set the video resolutions and calibrate the display to fit the screen.

to do this, I use putty.exe to ssh to the Rpi2 - login as xbian and whatever pwd (default raspberry) - this should auto-open the config util. Select the following options from the menus:

1. Settings
1. System
5. Video Output

..and then 'adjust' the setting - not sure exactly what you need to select, but some tinkering here should/may help get the correct display size.

If you cannot access this way, then it looks like you can use the xbian interface if the Advance Mode is selected under System/Settings/Xbian/Preferences - this then reveals the same video options under System/Settings/Xbian/System.

Failing that ???? dunno!

Thanks. I am using HDMI. When you first mentioned the settings, were you referring to the XBMC settings? I'll try Putty. Hopefully, I'll remember how to use it.

rikardo1979

The Kodi GUI is exactly what I was referring to in my original post. I have not tried to boot to any other interface.
(26th Mar, 2015 12:35 PM)eespinosa Wrote: [ -> ]
(25th Mar, 2015 08:07 PM)StartledCat Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - not sure of your configuration of Rpi2 to TV (mine is HDMI to RCA - old, but not ancient TV!).

1. Settings
1. System
5. Video Output

Failing that ???? dunno!

Thanks. I am using HDMI. When you first mentioned the settings, were you referring to the XBMC settings? I'll try Putty. Hopefully, I'll remember how to use it.

rikardo1979

The Kodi GUI is exactly what I was referring to in my original post. I have not tried to boot to any other interface.

The first bit I mentioned is via the kodi screen on the tv (if you can see it!)...lots of setting to tinker with there...mainly the screen resolution.

Using putty will only get to the xbian config file (I think) and may only set the display channel route...
determine native resolution of your screen and than set all manually within config.txt as it seems that your RPi is not detecting correct resolution over HDMI/CEC
Sorry for not getting back to the post with an update. It turns out that the settings were in the Kodi interface. I missed it the first time because the text was so small. It will occasionally revert to the lower resolution, but a reboot usually does the trick. Thanks to everyone who replied.
Reference URL's